Norman D. Landing

bilko1

I couldn't stay behind, so here is mine ...

DoughboytoGI.jpg

:thumbsup:

Erwin

So are the ones signed in blue rarer than the ones signed in black...or is it the other way around???

General Apathy
What are some of the laws if you find items in France..on the beach or at any battle site??Can you take the items??Can you Use a metal detector??Clark.

Hi Clark, not too sure on all the rules or laws of detecting.

I believe if you are given permission by a land owner then all's fine. :thumbsup:

I have been told that if your found on municipal ground then the gendarmes can confiscate your finds, your metal detector and your car, but not heard of anyone having had this done. :think:

Farmers don't like the people detecting that leave the dug holes open as cattle can break legs and that's a financial cost to the farmer and distress to the animals.

Other than that there seems to be lot's of people doing it.

I don't detect, but lots of things can be found without detecting.

ken

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, August 27 2010

General Apathy
Lewis add me to the blubber(er?)s!

:crybaby: :crybaby:

Tamura, your a three star blubber. :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

ken

General Apathy

post-344-1282897655.jpg

His pen ran out of ink after he'd signed the first 1200...he had to change to another!

Sabrejet ;)

Hi Ian & Jake, I only signed the first 500 in black ink, that's when my three year old daughter took over for me and signed the other 4,000 with her blue ink pen.

Only joking mister, my wife bought me a lovely pen which had black ink catridges, I had difficulty finding more black cartridges and as they say the show must go on, so I had to be content with blue ink

ken

Hi Ken. So the black signed copies, being scarcer, are more collectable then?! (Are you sure you didn't just get a rubber stamp made and let Lauren do the rest?!)

Ian ;)

General Apathy
Hi Ken. So the black signed copies, being scarcer, are more collectable then?! (Are you sure you didn't just get a rubber stamp made and let Lauren do the rest?!)

Ian ;)

Hi Ian, I think the rarest one is the one with a cat, house and stars on page 93 drawn in purple felt tip pen by a three year old. :w00t: :lol:

ken

:laughing1:

Hi Ian, I think the rarest one is the one with a cat, house and stars on page 93 drawn in purple felt tip pen by a three year old. :w00t: :lol:

ken

General Apathy
:laughing1:

Hi Robert, so how are you handling the fame of your photograph appearing on the forum four times in the last week, does your wife realise now that she's living with a ' rock ' star :console: :lol::lol:

ken

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, August 28 2010

General Apathy

post-344-1282983308.jpg

post-344-1282983333.jpg

Hi Forum Members & Readers, a couple of weeks back i started posting some photo's of houses at Utah beach with bunkers in the gardens, so we slip of the subject for a while and here are a few more.

Hands up how many forum members want a German WWII bunker in their garden. :twothumbup:

ken

General Apathy

post-344-1282983479.jpg

post-344-1282983453.jpg

Cont .................

Hands up how many forum members want a German WWII bunker in their garden.

ken

General Apathy
:bye1:

Erwin :lol:

Silly boy, the postage would be horrendous if I sent you one. :crying: :lol:

ken

General Apathy

post-344-1282985253.jpg

post-344-1282985289.jpg

Hi Sabrejet ( Ian ), a couple of weeks back I was photographing stuff out of the show box in the garage and I showed a wooden chest, we then went off topic and never got round to showing you what was in the chest.

So here we are, in this and the following post. ;)

ken

General Apathy

post-344-1282985860.jpgpost-344-1282985595.jpg

Cont ........................

A set of weighing scales dated 1944, note that the manufacturer has a standard stencil and they then add the date of manufacture seperately.

ken

Chunky Monkey

Were you able to go inside the Bunker or is it sealed off?

What would the scale have been used for? :think:

General Apathy
Were you able to go inside the Bunker or is it sealed off?

What would the scale have been used for? :think:

Hi Kevin, the bunkers I have shown today are in private gardens and generally out of bounds to visitors, some of the owners are not receptive to continued requests to see inside, there are plenty of accessible bunkers on open land.

The scales are shown in Quartermaster corp catalog of equipment, often used by the mobile field kitchens.

ken

General Apathy

post-344-1282995729.jpg

post-344-1282995766.jpg

Hey Ken...how does this grab you? The person with the lowest numbered signed copy wins an all expenses paid trip to Normandy with the services of an expert guide! Whaddya think? Sounds like a winner to me!!

Ian ;)

Hi Ian, here's my entry for the lowest number book, this is number # 1 front and rear, how do you figure I stand in the competition :lol: :thumbsup:

Ken

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, August 23 2010

post-344-1282983479.jpg

post-344-1282983453.jpg

Cont .................

Hands up how many forum members want a German WWII bunker in their garden.

ken

Me! I want one so I can go sleep in it when my $%#*^ next door neighbor plays loud music at 5 in the morning which is why I'm on the forum this early. He must love talking to the Police. I really LOL about your daughters art work in your book. The great part of having kids. Never a dull moment. My wife says I need to post a better picture then you would know I'm no rock star. :blink: Robert

General Apathy
My wife says I need to post a better picture then you would know I'm no rock star. :blink: Robert

Robert, you can't beat a rock chick to help you keep yourself grounded, when you want to fly. :crying:

Ken

post-344-1282995729.jpg

post-344-1282995766.jpg

Hi Ian, here's my entry for the lowest number book, this is number # 1 front and rear, how do you figure I stand in the competition :lol: :thumbsup:

Ken

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, August 23 2010

Show off!!

Ian :o

General Apathy
Show off!!

Ian :o

Hi Ian, I think you got me confused with Robert, Erwin accused Robert of being the show-off in post # 1474, I thank you :pinch: :lol:

Jeeper704, post # 1474

Show off!

Erwin

Ken

Hey Ken..you gave me a few spare "Doughboy" dust jackets years ago. I'm not sure where they are right now but perhaps they've become collectors' items in their own right?! Maybe I'll list them on a well-known internet auction website: "Upgrade your worn/faded copy of 'Doughboy to G.I.' with this mint, original dust jacket. Yours for only.... :think: " Whaddya think?!

Ian ;)

General Apathy
Hey Ken..you gave me a few spare "Doughboy" dust jackets years ago. I'm not sure where they are right now but perhaps they've become collectors' items in their own right?! Maybe I'll list them on a well-known internet auction website: "Upgrade your worn/faded copy of 'Doughboy to G.I.' with this mint, original dust jacket. Yours for only.... :think: " Whaddya think?!

Ian ;)

Hi Ian, well if you can make a book, sorry make a Buck then go ahead. :twothumbup:

Ken