Norman D. Landing

bilko1

Morning Ken. You've got to stop showing your former GI "Aladdin's Cave" like this...you've got me blubbering into my coffee again!

Ian :crybaby:

General Apathy
Seen it, like you said, didn't exactly get it. Much more into Blackadder

Tom Bowers

Hi Tom, ' Blackadder goes forth ' fantastic series covering the trenches of WWI, although a comedy series the pathos and coverage of life and life expectancy in the trenches was played out rather well. :think:

The scene shown at the link below is some of the most powerful footage ever shot of the futility of war in the trenches during 1914 - 1918. This final scene of the series always sends shudders along my spine and raises emotions within me at men going to certain death and the bravado of still doing so. :salute:

The link below is the Wikipedia background to the story, the plots and the characters of the series.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackadder_Goes_Forth

Ken

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, August 26 2010

hbtcoveralls
Hi Tom, ' Blackadder goes forth ' fantastic series covering the trenches of WWI, although a comedy series the pathos and coverage of life and life expectancy in the trenches was played out rather well. :think:

The scene shown at the link below is some of the most powerful footage ever shot of the futility of war in the trenches during 1914 - 1918. This final scene of the series always sends shudders along my spine and raises emotions within me at men going to certain death and the bravado of still doing so. :salute:

The link below is the Wikipedia background to the story, the plots and the characters of the series.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackadder_Goes_Forth

Ken

One of my favorites, I have the whole series on video. Drag them out on occasion, and as you said the last episode always leaves a lump in my throat.

Tom Bowers

General Apathy

post-344-1282812461.jpgpost-344-1282812493.jpg

post-344-1282812528.jpg

Morning Ken. You've got to stop showing your former GI "Aladdin's Cave" like this...you've got me blubbering into my coffee again!

Ian :crybaby:

Hi Ian, some more shots to ' cheer ' up your day, grab another coffee, get Mrs Sabrejet to stand by with the handkerchief and have another good ole blubber. :lol:

Another shot of the store. :think:

The ankle boots returned from Saving Private Ryan, some of the used boots, the M-41's on the right and the boxed unused boots below the M-41's. ;)

200 pairs of the unused boots from Band of Brothers :lol:

Ken

General Apathy

post-344-1282819110.jpgpost-344-1282819139.jpg

Can I join Ian in blubbering?

Erwin

Hi Erwin, sorry to see that your a blubber as well as Ian. :huh:

Some of the stocks of original WWII U.S. items being prepared for shipping to the Band of Brother studios.

Ken

General Apathy

post-344-1282821136.jpgpost-344-1282821171.jpg

Blubber away Erwin!

Ian ;)

Hi Ian,

My daughter Lauren with the three styles of reproduction boots I got back from filmwork, unused ' Saving Private Ryan ' roughout ankle boots, ( a few more boxed versions on the right ) under the unused M-37 wool trousers from ' Band of Brothers ', para boots ontop of the Corcoran orange box and two buckle boots over on the right.

One of the display cases in the store.

Ken

Aladdin's Cave and Santa's Grotto combined! :w00t: So what was in the bundles destined for "Band of Brothers", Ken? (Wonder if my M1942 jump-suit, as worn on set, was in there somewhere?!)

Ian (still blubbering!) :jeal0001:

General Apathy
Aladdin's Cave and Santa's Grotto combined! :w00t: So what was in the bundles destined for "Band of Brothers", Ken? (Wonder if my M1942 jump-suit, as worn on set, was in there somewhere?!)

Ian (still blubbering!) :jeal0001:

Hi Ian, you mention jump suits well that's my que to start blubbering, I got one of ' Dick Winters ' standby suits from the filmwork :thumbsup: , there were dulicate suits in case anything happened to the initial suit.

Well one evening I was out and someone let fireworks off outside the house, and sadly my dog which had become distressed by the noise of fireworks heard these ones and he tore the arm of the Winters suit which I had left across a chair. :crying:

ken

I need to dig out pictures of my 2 jump suits (one identified and one nicely dated) to start Ken blubbering. :devil:

Unfortunately, I no longer have the suits.

Erwin

Johan Willaert

For those interested, here's the entire script of that moving last episode....

http://www.theliberator.be/EbayImages/Goodbyeee.doc

General Apathy
I need to dig out pictures of my 2 jump suits (one identified and one nicely dated) to start Ken blubbering. :devil:

Unfortunately, I no longer have the suits.

Erwin

c'mon show me ya goodies babe :naughty:

ken

General Apathy
Wooble.... :w00t:

As I suspected, there's no hope for you.

your doomed Cpt. Willaert, Aye Dooommed ;)

Another favourite series but much older 1970's I think

ken

Johan Willaert
Another favourite series but much older 1970's I think

"Who's gonna have it first and please may I????"

(Pike when he first sees the Tommy Gun)

or

"Howdy Partner, Put it there...." :lol:

c'mon show me ya goodies babe :naughty:

ken

Here they are ... pre-digital camera photos (sorry) ...

101st Airborne Trooper (jacket and pants were dated and the jacket had an originally mounted patch)

101stABtrooperandcollectionofoverseascaps.jpg

17th Airborne Medic with original Medic helmet (Gliderriders)

Medic17thAirborne.jpg

Ranger and 82nd Airborne Trooper (jacket identified to a Lt. Hanneman and pants identified to an officer in the 82nd AB)

Ranger82ndAirborne.jpg

I'll see if I can find better photos.

Erwin

Well, everyone else seems to be doing it so here's mine too! 17 years old and still "up there" with the best. Job well done....thanks Ken!

Ian :thumbsup:

I couldn't stay behind, so here is mine ...

DoughboytoGI.jpg

:thumbsup:

Erwin

What are some of the laws if you find items in France..on the beach or at any battle site??Can you take the items??Can you Use a metal detector??Clark.