Norman D. Landing

bilko1

Johan Willaert

Ken, I must warn you that you're on the wrong track....

You have actually started to dig through your boxes and put more items on display... Nothing good will come from that... :P

Can't wait for next June to see all of the good stuff that you will be displaying then..

Johan

General Apathy
Show off! :lol:

Erwin

Hi Erwin, your right Robert sure is a show off he's achieved having his photo on four times in the last ten posts. :lol::lol:;)

Ken

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, August 25 2010

General Apathy
Ken, I must warn you that you're on the wrong track....

You have actually started to dig through your boxes and put more items on display... Nothing good will come from that... :P

Can't wait for next June to see all of the good stuff that you will be displaying then..

Johan

Johan, sorry to say that due to display space problems in my small abode then everything has to go back into the shoe box under the bed and won't be out next July :crying: but look forward to seeing you again

Ken

General Apathy

post-344-1282742644.jpg

Well, everyone else seems to be doing it so here's mine too! 17 years old and still "up there" with the best. Job well done....thanks Ken!

Ian :thumbsup:

Hi Ian and all other owners, so here is my version, note the store stamp at the bottom I was lucky enough to talk the phone company into giving me the number 521944 :lol: , I couldn't get 661944 ( 6-6-1944 ) as my store ran through the exchange numbered 52 and not the 66 exchange.

ken

General Apathy

post-344-1282743200.jpg

Cont ...............................

Here is the hand signed Medal of Honor card given to me by Ernest Childers who's photo appears on page 7 of the book and the card is mounted below the photo.

ken

General Apathy

post-344-1282743813.jpg

This page has the signatures of Sue Hodge the small blonde waitress from the British television series of ' Hello - Hello ', I always wished I could have met the dark haired waitress Vicki Michelle as well :rolleyes:

Signature of Damien Lewis who played the part of Richard Winters in ' Band of Brothers '

Dedication of Suza Maybury who was the set decorator for ' Thin Red Line ' and was visiting the store to buy props for the film-tv series ' Pacific '

ken

Johan Willaert

Signature of Damien Lewis who played the part of Richard Winters in ' Band of Brothers '

Funny how Damien Lewis uses the same quote that Dick Winters used to sign pictures and documents with...

Funny how Damien Lewis uses the same quote that Dick Winters used to sign pictures and documents with...

I think it's called "Method Acting" Johan. They adopt a persona and "live it"!

Ian

BTW...did you know that Damien Lewis is actually Ken's love-child?! ;)

post-344-1282743813.jpg

This page has the signatures of Sue Hodge the small blonde waitress from the British television series of ' Hello - Hello ', I always wished I could have met the dark haired waitress Vicki Michelle as well :rolleyes:

Dedication of Suza Maybury who was the set decorator for ' Thin Red Line ' and was visiting the store to buy props for the film-tv series ' Pacific '

ken

He Ken...do you think out transAtlantic cousins have (1) actually heard of " 'allo, 'allo!" and (2) would "get it", even if they had?! Too British, methinks. Some things, like a good wine, don't travel well!

General Apathy

post-344-1282763191.jpg

It was a great us against them show !!!!!

owen

Hi Ian & Owen, fantastic program at the time it ran for 84 episodes from 1982 to 1992, the attached link is to a cast reunion production in 2007 some years after the last performance on television it features small clips of the characters from the production. :thumbsup: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xtvm6xZSGCo...feature=related

Here is a link to the Wikipedia background to the t.v. series. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/'Allo_'Allo!

The attached photo shows Rene and the two waitresses from the series. :love:

Ken

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Corresspondent, August 25 2010

Now you all know why Ken moved to Normandy. He's modelling himself on Rene and is opening a bistro with nubile French waitresses in attendance! Oo-la-la!

Ian :hapy0004:

Hi All;

Again for those who have never seen it...

post-4089-1282766926.jpg

In this Allo allo picture, Sue is in the middle, and Viki to the right. Me; I always preferred "Helga", Kim Hartmann, on the left, but that might just say something about me :D

The English Spy Crabtree, who posed as a Gendarme speaking excrable French, was head boy at my senior school when I joined it. I sometimes wonder how our French teachers felt, knowing that he was the most public result of their careers :crying: :D

post-4089-1282767195.jpg

Mind you, there are times that I come out of meetings having spoken French for a couple of hours, wondering if it's as bad as Crabtree's, and that everone has been too polite to mention it, hoping the Ros'bif will go away... :think: :D

Best Regards,

Prof

Helga, Yvette, Michele from ze Resistance, Herr Flick, General Von Klinkerhoffen, "Leftenant" Grüber, the old bat spitting when she heard the word "Germans", Monsieur Leclercq, ..... ah the memories!

I like(d) the two waitresses, especially the smaller dark one (reminds me of my Fiancée).

Erwin

He Ken...do you think out transAtlantic cousins have (1) actually heard of " 'allo, 'allo!" and (2) would "get it", even if they had?! Too British, methinks. Some things, like a good wine, don't travel well!

Ian, some of us Yanks DO know that show. It was even used in The New Yorks Times crossword puzzle today in fact (the syndicated version).

64A: When doubled, popular 1980s-90s British sitcom.

that was an easy one! :thumbsup:

Terry

Hi Meatcan...BBC America..or PBS? Seriously though, it is VERY British in its style of humour (double entendres/ innuendos) and its wartime references and caricatures etc. Still..if you enjoyed it and "got it" that's cool! Surprisingly, apparently it's very popular in Germany?! (and who says the Germans have no sense of humour?!)

Sabrejet :hapy0003:

General Apathy
Hi All;

Mind you, there are times that I come out of meetings having spoken French for a couple of hours, wondering if it's as bad as Crabtree's, and that everone has been too polite to mention it, hoping the Ros'bif will go away... :think: :D

Best Regards,

Prof

Hi Prof, I think my French is in line with Crabtree's , my first month living here I went into a village store and was impressed with how attractive the lady serving was :rolleyes: I stood there trembling and in my best French declared.

Je suis un timbre. at which she beamed a broad smile but without any motion to serve me so I knew I was wrong, I rethought it and declared again Je voudrais un timbre which resulted in being served.

Je suis un timbre / I am a (postage ) stamp :blink::lol:

Je voudrais un timbre / I would like a ( postage ) stamp :lol: :thumbsup:

This Ros'bif was certainly rouge'bif :pinch:

Ken

General Apathy

post-344-1282776160.jpg

Helga, Yvette, Michele from ze Resistance, Herr Flick, General Von Klinkerhoffen, "Leftenant" Grüber, the old bat spitting when she heard the word "Germans", Monsieur Leclercq, ..... ah the memories!

I like(d) the two waitresses, especially the smaller dark one (reminds me of my Fiancée).

Erwin

Hi Erwin, yes your choice of waitress is the lovely Francesca Gonshaw, it was quite sad when she left and was replaced by the small blonde one.

Some guy's in London I knew supplied the German armored car, which was actually a fabrication made up on the chassis and engine of a WWII American Dodge weapons carrier. ;)

Ken

post-344-1282776160.jpg

Hi Erwin, yes your choice of waitress is the lovely Francesca Gonshaw, it was quite sad when she left and was replaced by the small blonde one.

Some guy's in London I knew supplied the German armored car, which was actually a fabrication made up on the chassis and engine of a WWII American Dodge weapons carrier. ;)

Ken

She wouldn't happen to be in that mystery shoe box of yours would she? If so Delta has a flight out of Boston at 2030 this evening!

General Apathy

post-344-1282777715.jpg

She wouldn't happen to be in that mystery shoe box of yours would she? If so Delta has a flight out of Boston at 2030 this evening!

Jake, oh dear what can I tell you, well she lives in Paris so come over if you want to :love: , however the queue starts at Cherbourg :crying:

The other thing Jake, no she's not in my shoebox but I went out with a girl some years ago that could well have been her sister :think: :lol:

Ken

post-344-1282777715.jpg

Jake, oh dear what can I tell you, well she lives in Paris so come over if you want to :love: , however the queue starts at Cherbourg :crying:

The other thing Jake, no she's not in my shoebox but I went out with a girl some years ago that could well have been her sister :think: :lol:

Ken

Oh well, I always get lost in Paris anyways.

post-344-1282742644.jpg

Hi Ian and all other owners, so here is my version, note the store stamp at the bottom I was lucky enough to talk the phone company into giving me the number 521944 :lol: , I couldn't get 661944 ( 6-6-1944 ) as my store ran through the exchange numbered 52 and not the 66 exchange.

ken

Waaaah!!! Ken how long ago did you give up the shop??? I've worked in Winton B/Mouth a few times in the last 4 or 5 years and never knew about it??

I've never visited the earlier pages in this thread (I know, shame on me) and I've only just clicked :emba0005:

Rob

General Apathy
Oh well, I always get lost in Paris anyways.

Hi Jake, we all get lost in Paris, and I will get another chance to get lost next week I need to go and re-new my passport as I am down for a US visit in early October to the Knob Creek gun shoot near Louisville KY. :lol:

I should clarify my earlier statement about going out with the dark haired girl, her name was Derri and we actually lived together for five years, in the photograph above, the door frame and engine hood of my American CJ Jeep are just possible to see at the right of the photo. :thumbsup:

ken

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, August 26 2010

General Apathy

post-344-1282807164.jpg

Waaaah!!! Ken how long ago did you give up the shop??? I've worked in Winton B/Mouth a few times in the last 4 or 5 years and never knew about it??

I've never visited the earlier pages in this thread (I know, shame on me) and I've only just clicked :emba0005:

Rob

Hi Rob, thanks for taking the time to read some of the posts, I gave the store up four years ago and moved to France three years ago.

There were five dealers of genuine militaria in Bournemouth in 1990, due to the costs :crying: of having store front businesses myself and Boscombe Militaria ( German & Brit ) were the last two and both closed our stores four years ago. Eddie of Boscombe Militaria still runs his business from his home and attending militaria shows and fares.

My store was 99% original US WWII clothing and equipment. ;)

ken

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, August 26 2010