Norman D. Landing

bilko1

General Apathy
Alors, elle en a une? Une jolie soeur?

Well, does she have one? A nice sister that is??

Well Johan, knowing my luck what do you think the answer to your question will be,......... my thoughts are I doubt it. :crying:

Ken

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, June 26 2010

General Apathy

post-344-1277556015.jpg

Hi Forum Members & Readers,

As it's been so busy here the first few weeks of June then I forgot to add a photo and mention the two short version German barbed wire stakes that I found in my village two weeks ago, nice condition still heavily galvanised. ;)

Ken

General Apathy
Hey Ken, chiming in later than usual here actually :P, but I love your OD belt display :P People would definitely know how to find you - follow the cartridge belt road :D

Re: those parachutists who drop every DDay - who are they? Military guys?

Cheers

Hi Blake, I suppose if people did 'follow the cartridge belt road ' then they would find the ' tin man ', me the collector of all that old military tin stuff as evidenced in the previous post above post # 1177 :blink:

The parachutists are military qualified ones generally from French, American, British and German armies sometimes

there may be additional countries on major anniversary years.

Occaisionally jump qualified re-enactors participate in wartime style clothing with modern certified chutes.

Ken

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, June 26 2010.

Hi Ken,

Heared that more often that the girls are quite tall over here!

But, if I look around in now a days street view with this beautiful weather then I also notice that they are not just tall, but also become more rounded!!!!

And all are complaining about the crisis, but if you look how round they are I am wondering were the crisis is!!!! :lol:

Well, I am a person that wants to speak the language when I visit a country other then my own.

I don't speak, write, read or can understand French and that is why it kept me away from Normandy.

But, if you can't do it your self, you just look for some one who can!

After my divourse about 2-3 years ago I found a girlfriend who does all the mentioned above!

It was one of the conditions to be my girlfriend!!! :rolleyes:

It depends on finance coming weeks, but it might otherwise possible that we going to visit Normandy in August.

Well, I can understand that you haven't re-opened something in Normandy.

4 years ago I got finaly the oppertunity to take over my fathers factory.

Worked there from the age of 12 untill 35 with the intention to take it over.

But I have seen the change in how a busniss is run and the troubles the goverment is giving busnisses.

I then decided not to take it over, work just 40 hours in a week and for the rest enjoy my time and enjoy some more of my time!!! :lol:

Mmmhh.... :think: .....everything in a shoebox under the bed!

Makes me wonder how big the bed is? :lol:

Your welcome! :thumbsup:

Henri

Hi Henri, thanks for joining in on the topic, I have enjoyed many times my Jeep trips through the Low-Lands, the girls always appeared to be quite tall though. :think:

Hope you get here to Normandy sometime and see some of the sights I have shown you.

I finished the store in England, I didn't open anything here in Normandy, I became the unpaid Normandy correspondent for this forum, it fills the time. :rolleyes:

I don't do a great deal with the collection, it's all in the shoebox under the bed.

dank U wel, Ken

General Apathy
Hi Ken,

Heared that more often that the girls are quite tall over here!

But, if I look around in now a days street view with this beautiful weather then I also notice that they are not just tall, but also become more rounded!!!!

And all are complaining about the crisis, but if you look how round they are I am wondering were the crisis is!!!! :lol:

Well, I am a person that wants to speak the language when I visit a country other then my own.

I don't speak, write, read or can understand French and that is why it kept me away from Normandy.

But, if you can't do it your self, you just look for some one who can!

After my divourse about 2-3 years ago I found a girlfriend who does all the mentioned above!

It was one of the conditions to be my girlfriend!!! :rolleyes:

It depends on finance coming weeks, but it might otherwise possible that we going to visit Normandy in August.

Well, I can understand that you haven't re-opened something in Normandy.

4 years ago I got finaly the oppertunity to take over my fathers factory.

Worked there from the age of 12 untill 35 with the intention to take it over.

But I have seen the change in how a busniss is run and the troubles the goverment is giving busnisses.

I then decided not to take it over, work just 40 hours in a week and for the rest enjoy my time and enjoy some more of my time!!! :lol:

Mmmhh.... :think: .....everything in a shoebox under the bed!

Makes me wonder how big the bed is? :lol:

Your welcome! :thumbsup:

Henri

Hi Henri, thanks for the addition, let me know when you work out some dates for Normandy and maybe we can hook up for a beer when you get to St Mere Eglise. :thumbsup:

Ken

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, June 27 2010

General Apathy
Cool mate, I'd love to drop from one of those planes, interesting to see that qualified civi's 'can' in fact do it too.

Hi Blake, pleased to see that Johan has given you a couple of links to look at in post # 1181, you can start getting some practise in before you get over here, you know umbrella off the outhouse shed. :lol:

Ken

General Apathy

post-344-1277674031.jpg

Must be a Black Lab! :)

Hi Gunbarrel, had quite a few dogs through the 70's - 90's all of them were rescues and strays, all of them fantastic dogs. ;)

These two black labs are Ben and Max, one day I took Ben for a walk over the golf course across the road from the house and was tailed by another black lab without an owner. He came home with me, we advertised everywhere but never found an owner and we named him Max.

After Ben died of cancer Max used to ride up front with me and loved his face out in the wind, dogs love open Jeeps.

Ken

General Apathy

post-344-1277675253.jpg

Lewis,

Thanks for the before and after photo post. It was great! :thumbsup:

Hi Gunbarrel, no probs on getting that ' then & now ' sorted, I still have a few more to locate and retake for this reports section.

Here is another stray dog we took in he was one of six abandoned puppies. After Ben died we took this one in to be with Max, as he was only days old when we got him he started out as ' Pups ' and that went on to be his name, this photo was taken around 1998 along with my daughter Lauren, Pups died 2001. We never found out what breed he was and we only ever met one other dog that was identical to him, he also loved open vehicles, he was the last dog I had.

Ken

General Apathy

post-344-1277726701.jpg

a small living diorama of French re-enactors based around the remains of a crashed ( posed ) C-47 the photograph was taken 6th June 2010. This was situated in the open field to the side of the St Mere Eglise museum and the intended area for the museums new extension.

Ken

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, June 28 2010

General Apathy

post-344-1277727172.jpg

Just a short distance from the C-47 diorama was a wooden barracks put together by the group of French re-enactors, photograph taken June 6 2010.

Ken

post-344-1277480297.jpg

This is a face that might be recognisible to some of the forum members, this guy gets to shows all over the world,

I have seen him at most of the big American shows, several of the British shows such as Beltring and Detling, and here in France and Europe.

Hiroki Nakazato travels all over from his home in Japan, this photo was taken in St Mere Eglise 7th of June 2010.

Ken

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, June 24 2010

Yes but also...stared in " the Pacific"

2r5u4wy.jpg

T

General Apathy
:w00t: robert

Hi Robert, I take it that you enjoyed the diorama's, maybe you would even like to have a barracks yourself. :lol::lol:

Ken

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, June 28 2010.

General Apathy
Yes but also...stared in " the Pacific"

2r5u4wy.jpg

T

Hi Teufelhund, appears that you met the man yourself, was that in France or Belgium maybe. :think: Thanks for the photo.

Ken

Hi Teufelhund, appears that you met the man yourself, was that in France or Belgium maybe. :think: Thanks for the photo.

Ken

Not me on the left

Picture taken at the Vierville Normandy Show early june

T

General Apathy
Not me on the left

Picture taken at the Vierville Normandy Show early june

T

Hi Teufelhund, thanks for saying which show it was.

It's no problem I understand when you say that's not you on the left, your younger, slimmer and have high definition filmstar good looks o.k. I get your drift. :blink:

Ken

General Apathy

post-344-1277848023.jpg

post-344-1277848043.jpg

Hi Forum Members & Readers.

Nick ( the fireman ) a long time friend retires from the fire service at the end of the summer, and to occupy some of his time he has just been across to Holland to pick up the GMC short wheel base, closed cab GMC he bought last month. :lol: he's one happy bunny.

Here's two shots of him at the port waiting to load the ferry for England, he has minimal work to do on it, re-register ownership and be issued a new English number plate ( tag ), and he should be up and running. He has plans to equip the rear with three M-1937 American WWII cookers and turn it into a working field kitchen for shows and trips.

Possibly more reports on this in the future as and when the cookers arrive and fitted. ;) Nick ( The M-8 owner ) wants one now as they had so much fun picking it up and driving it back 450 miles.

Ken

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, June 29 2010

hbtcoveralls
post-344-1277848023.jpg

post-344-1277848043.jpg

Hi Forum Members & Readers.

Nick ( the fireman ) a long time friend retires from the fire service at the end of the summer, and to occupy some of his time he has just been across to Holland to pick up the GMC short wheel base, closed cab GMC he bought last month. :lol: he's one happy bunny.

Here's two shots of him at the port waiting to load the ferry for England, he has minimal work to do on it, re-register ownership and be issued a new English number plate ( tag ), and he should be up and running. He has plans to equip the rear with three M-1937 American WWII cookers and turn it into a working field kitchen for shows and trips.

Possibly more reports on this in the future as and when the cookers arrive and fitted. ;) Nick ( The M-8 owner ) wants one now as they had so much fun picking it up and driving it back 450 miles.

Ken

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, June 29 2010

Ken that is one beautiful truck, don't find them like that every day. Is that Nick P? I can't belive he's old enough to retire. Hopefully he'll have it along on the next big one.

Tom Bowers

General Apathy
Ken that is one beautiful truck, don't find them like that every day. Is that Nick P? I can't belive he's old enough to retire. Hopefully he'll have it along on the next big one.

Tom Bowers

Hi Tom, that's right Nick 'P' leaves the fire service I think he's about 53, he's done the required thirty years service, the second Nick 'H' is now looking for a similar truck.

The idea is to be a two truck unit with full working field kitchen and possibly a field shower unit by April next year ready for the summer vehicle season, and of course the 2011, 2nd Armored French trip. It will probably be a seven to nine day trip which makes it easier for the regular group of guys from America to make it over, flying into London as normal and sailing out of Portsmouth. :thumbsup:

Just seen your mounted horse photograph in Lt.Frank's topic on McClellan saddles, great photo looks terrific with all the full kit on the horse and the cavalry kit your wearing.

So maybe we will meet up again summer 2011. ;)

Ken

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, June 30 2010.