Norman D. Landing

bilko1

General Apathy

Sent

Sail jokes can get tacky if they get long winded.

Hi Mikie, you are certainly sailing through some of the boating jokes . . . . . . . . . . wishing you and family calm seas through the current virus woes . . . . . . . . . ;)

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, March 24 2020.

Hope you appreciate my warped sense of humor. With so much gloom and doom, I hope to bring you all a smile.

post-2687-0-99801100-1585071194_thumb.jpg

I spotted this at the store the other day and there was NO WAY I was going to leave without it!

Mikie

Hope you appreciate my warped sense of humor. With so much gloom and doom, I hope to bring you all a smile.

attachicon.gifSmiley .jpg

I spotted this at the store the other day and there was NO WAY I was going to leave without it!

Mikie

Toothfully? For now eye will allow it. ^_^

Rene

General Apathy

Mikie

hahhaaaa Mikie, we must be related with a similar sense of humour, I bought these a few weeks back to have some fun with finger faces at a friends Birthday dinner party . . . . . :lol:

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, March 25 2020.

.post-344-0-36953000-1585151267_thumb.jpeg

General Apathy

Toothfully? For now eye will allow it. ^_^

Rene

Hi Rene, I think we are seeing eye to eye on Mikies post . . . . . . . . . ;)

Mikie

A topic that I can really sink my teeth into!

Johan Willaert

This original WW2 issued M2 Vehicle Decontaminator is retiring to the display cabinet after spending over 30 years under the passenger seat of my Jeep..

Some people think this is a Fire Extinguisher, but actually it is , similar device used to decontaminate equipment and vehicles that are potentially contaminated with a vesicant substance. A fog like substance was to be sprayed over the vehicle neutralising the chemical agent.

These were not fitted in the factory but issued for every vehicle in the unit. A Modifying Work Order prescribed fitting these under the front passenger seat but you see them also on the front fender often (which is why many restorers put their FE there, thinking that is where it belongs..
From 1944 onwards six pre-drilled holes in the body floor, fitted with screws were provided by the Jeep body manufacturer under the seat..

post-92-0-63591900-1585159491_thumb.jpg

Johan Willaert

On this Willys MB, the M2 Decontaminator Unit is mounted to the inside of the windshield, a rather unusual location...

Plenty of other details to be seen on this Jeep: vacuum windshield wipers, extra retro-fitted Black out Light with 'tombstone' bracket on the passenger side, covers on the headlights, MG ammo belt draped on the grille... etc...

post-92-0-41879400-1585159717_thumb.jpg

On this Willys MB, the M2 Decontaminator Unit is mounted to the inside of the windshield, a rather unusual location...

Plenty of other details to be seen on this Jeep: vacuum windshield wipers, extra retro-fitted Black out Light with 'tombstone' bracket on the passenger side, covers on the headlights, MG ammo belt draped on the grille... etc...

Great picture showing some great details!

...Kat

hahhaaaa Mikie, we must be related with a similar sense of humour, I bought these a few weeks back to have some fun with finger faces at a friends Birthday dinner party . . . . . :lol:

.attachicon.giffullsizeoutput_4944.jpeg

Nice little stache stash you have there.

This original WW2 issued M2 Vehicle Decontaminator is retiring to the display cabinet after spending over 30 years under the passenger seat of my Jeep..

Some people think this is a Fire Extinguisher, but actually it is , similar device used to decontaminate equipment and vehicles that are potentially contaminated with a vesicant substance. A fog like substance was to be sprayed over the vehicle neutralising the chemical agent.

These were not fitted in the factory but issued for every vehicle in the unit. A Modifying Work Order prescribed fitting these under the front passenger seat but you see them also on the front fender often (which is why many restorers put their FE there, thinking that is where it belongs..

From 1944 onwards six pre-drilled holes in the body floor, fitted with screws were provided by the Jeep body manufacturer under the seat..

Thanks Johan. My new thing learned for the day.

Mikie

General Apathy

Hi Johan, great shot of the original Decontaminator with the original carton.

At last years auction I sold two of the Decontaminator one-piece suits seen in this photograph while holding the same M-2 Decontaminator as yours, if I recall the suits were dated 1943. I did think about keeping one of them for really wet weather Jeep driving but I let both go in the end, would I ever have worn it.

.post-344-0-67010700-1585165262_thumb.jpg

Is that a German MG belt? From what I can see, the links don't look like US. Can we see a close up please?

Thanks, Al

Hi Johan, great shot of the original Decontaminator with the original carton.

At last years auction I sold two of the Decontaminator one-piece suits seen in this photograph while holding the same M-2 Decontaminator as yours, if I recall the suits were dated 1943. I did think about keeping one of them for really wet weather Jeep driving but I let both go in the end, would I ever have worn it.

Lewis,

Your shoebox NEVER ceases to amaze me! You would have looked great driving around in one of fhese!

...Kat

General Apathy

Ken,

Great jeep grilles!! That is a jeep idea that I might be able to afford! Hahaha!

Show us pictures after you get them repaired and painted.

...Kat

Hi Kat, here's another idea for you and anyone else interested, Jeep Neon wall sign . . . . . . . :)

Call Toll Free 1-888-648-4923 or visit www.kaiserwillys.com for current pricing.

.post-344-0-15894300-1585172742_thumb.jpeg

General Apathy

Lewis,

Your shoebox NEVER ceases to amaze me! You would have looked great driving around in one of fhese!

...Kat

Hi Kat, thanks it was amazing what I managed to cram into that shoebox over the years, real pity that it takes so long to build a collection and there comes a time when you need to part it all out again, didn't want to leave a heavy responsibility on my daughters shoulders one day . . . . . . . . :huh:

Anyway she will have other shoebox's in storage with other stuff packed in them to deal with. . . . . . . ^_^

.post-344-0-86331300-1585174311_thumb.jpeg

General Apathy

Ken, now you've got my attention! Vintage Matchbox in original boxes! Awesome items sir.

Terry

Hi Terry welcome back long time no hear from you, hope you are doing well, pleased to see that you are still reading the thread.

First story, boxed original Matchbox toys, about forty years ago one of our customers lived out in the wilds of Worcestershire when he came in one day he showed me some boxed Matchbox cars that he had bought from his village store which was closing down. When he told me the price I said I would take everyone he could get and pay him double what he had paid :lol: . What I hadn't anticipated was that in their stock room they had five or six of of each model, anyway good to my word I bought everything he brought me. I parted some off over the years with models going to Australia, America, Europe and the UK.

Second story, when I was maybe six or seven my father would take me with him once a week to the newspaper store and buy me a Matchbox car, I think they were about one shilling and six-pence. Obviously I played with them but every evening I placed them back into a glass fronted display case along with shelves of family books. They remained there for many years after I left home my parents happy to have them on display. Sadly when my parents died my sister-in-law was first to arrive at the house to clear it, she threw all my cars in the council trash bin out on the highway. and a hundred or more were all gone . . . . . . . . . . :(

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, March 26 2020.

General Apathy

Divorce lawyers / solicitors issue warning during Coronavirus isolation . . . . . . . .

Warnings are being issued regarding married couples being forced into home isolation together for any extended period, it appears that the divorce rate has started climbing exponentially. :(

.post-344-0-79409400-1585227119_thumb.jpeg

Johan Willaert

Anyway she will have other shoebox's in storage with other stuff packed in them to deal with. . . . . . . ^_^

Nice to see those Matchbox'ed toy cars again... It had been quite a while since you showed us these....

General Apathy

Nice to see those Matchbox'ed toy cars again... It had been quite a while since you showed us these....

Hi Johan, thanks, it is hard to remember what I have posted in the last twelve years, and with the added difficulty of now getting out and about less new stuff to post about. I had got a few more Jeep facts to post but all the posts about Jeeps and spare parts recently doesn't seem to have inspired readers to make any comments . . . . . .

Just had my daughter on the phone and it appears that the government registrar offices have closed down indefinitely as weddings have now been banned in the UK due people grouping together, if they are not open in time before the appointed day then she would not be able to register the wedding.

Hi Johan, thanks, it is hard to remember what I have posted in the last twelve years, and with the added difficulty of now getting out and about less new stuff to post about. I had got a few more Jeep facts to post but all the posts about Jeeps and spare parts recently doesn't seem to have inspired readers to make any comments . . . . . .

Just had my daughter on the phone and it appears that the government registrar offices have closed down indefinitely as weddings have now been banned in the UK due people grouping together, if they are not open in time before the appointed day then she would not be able to register the wedding.

have the wedding in your BBQ shack as it only seats so many.

manayunkman

Great matchboxes !!

Used to collect them myself.

But as you said... you build them and then part them out.

More jeep stuff! More jeep stuff! I know very little about jeeps and parts for them. I bet a good part of what I DO know I learned right here. I look forward to seeing and learning about them.

Considering the above post and picture about isolation day 10 and the divorce rate, maybe it's not such a bad thing if the wedding is postponed. But the BBQ shack sounds like a good idea. Are the rules any looser in France right now?

A few days ago, I posted some bad pictures about a military truck I saw while out driving. I asked if anyone could tell what kind f truck it was. And was amazed that several folks were able to ID it from the poor pictures I was able to grab as it wizzed by me. Here they are again if you want to give it a try.

post-2687-0-72923500-1585253091.jpg

post-2687-0-74353700-1585253109_thumb.jpg

Mikie