Norman D. Landing

bilko1

• 3 months later...

Merry Christmas - Happy New Year Y'all

Hello there my old friend!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is so exciting to see you back! I have missed you so very much!

And you spelled y'all correctly! WHOO HOO!!! The General is back!

....Kat

Y'all???? Y'all???? Ken, Have you moved to Texas? We here in the Dallas area are ready to treat you to some down home Texas hospitality!!! And, as we say in Texas, "Back to you" my friend. Welcome back. Al in Dallas.

General Apathy

OK. so continuing the theme hi-y'all or hello everyone depending on which side of the line you are, thanks Sabre, Cutiger, Rusty-Canteen, Chunky & Hirsca for your replies., Ken

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, December 27 2013

post-344-0-71476000-1388168269.jpg

Ken,

You have been misssed. I forgot how my heart skips a beat with excitement when I see you have posted something in this thread! :love:

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. I hope Santa was good to you.

...Kat

Johan Willaert

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas in Normandy, Ken... We have a get together military style tomorrow and i'm sure the countdown to D-day 2014 will commence then!

Cheers,

Johan

General Apathy

Ken,

You have been misssed. I forgot how my heart skips a beat with excitement when I see you have posted something in this thread! :love:

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. I hope Santa was good to you.

...Kat

# Third attempt. Hi Kat, thanks again for your kind comment :lol:. If Santa had been good to me he would have gifted me a hammer ( a bloody large one ). Never in eight years do I recall having to hit ' refresh-page ' on my old computer, this latest contraption I am probably hitting ' refresh-page ' four hundred times a day, as you will see at the beginning of this reply this is my third attempt at typing this out.

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, December 27 2013

General Apathy

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas in Normandy, Ken... We have a get together military style tomorrow and i'm sure the countdown to D-day 2014 will commence then!

Cheers,

Johan

Hi Johan, will be pleased to see you and the crew as always when you are in the area

ken

Norman D. landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, December 27 2013

Welcome back Ken,

Glad to see you here on the Forum again. Wishing you a belated Merry Christmas and a Blessed, healthy and prosperous New Year..

Looking forward to more stories, pictures and fellowship with you.

Leigh

General Apathy

Welcome back Ken,

Glad to see you here on the Forum again. Wishing you a belated Merry Christmas and a Blessed, healthy and prosperous New Year..

Looking forward to more stories, pictures and fellowship with you.

Leigh

Hi Leigh, many thanks for your welcome back and Christmas wishes, and likewise to you and family as well.

The return could be short lived if I cannot get the computer to operate with the forum better than it is, I had intended to add about ten images of latest finds here but abandoned this for the evening, I just emailed Sabrejet and told him I am going to dig out my eight year old tower tomorrow and see how that works with the forum.

Apologies for hitting you with the negative waves, but when you keep banging your head against a wall it feels great when you stop doing it.

again, good to hear from you Leigh, ken

Hello Ken,

Are you by chance using Internet Explorer to view the forum? It seems that the forum is best accessed with either FireFox or Google Chrome browser.

RC

Evaporated then...into the ether?! Ain't that peculiar?

It sometimes happens. I can assure you that I checked the logs and nothing was removed.

RC

General Apathy

OK, So apologies to everyone if the next few posts are not laid out as I would normally lay my posts out, it's down to what my computer allows me to do, but I very much wanted to share with you all some of the finds this summer.

Photographs will probably end up below my text rather than above as they used to be. Something also prevents me from cutting and pasting so Norman D. Landing etc etc will be missing at the bottom of each page. I also cannot change font style, print color or size.......................................... pass the hammer please

**************************************************************************************************************************

This is the small barn across the road from my front door, there was a small sapling just to the left side of the building that the farmer removed as the branches were rubbing against the tiles in the wind.

post-344-0-93903100-1388178615.jpg

General Apathy

This is the small barn across the road from my front door, there was a small sapling just to the left side of the building that the farmer removed as the branches were rubbing against the tiles in the wind.

This is the loosened soil where the roots of the sapling once were, three items were visible to the eye without any digging required

post-344-0-21433200-1388180394.jpg

General Apathy

This is the loosened soil where the roots of the sapling once were, three items were visible to the eye without any digging required

So the top was a mud covered medical bottle made by the Brockway bottle Co. Penn. once the mud was removed.

( further apologies I have no idea why the images are appearing so small, they are sized just fractions under the maximum allowed size )

post-344-0-61204400-1388180766.jpg

General Apathy

The middle arrow shows the side wall of the bottom section of a meatcan , sadly the handle missing.

post-344-0-63253000-1388180969.jpg