Norman D. Landing

bilko1

It took a while but I figured out when I wrote that scenario with geographic villain names: 1980. So the reappearance in circa 1995 indicated that subsequent GENERATIONS of scenario scripters had churned the same cream.

There were several others: Romege Orgia (Rome GA), Xeni AOhio, and Porthue Nemecal (Port Hueneme CA), all from the home towns of fellow galley slaves. One that did NOT survive the editors was Lantna Vairbrat, for a USN guy who claimed no hometown at all, having attended something like 11 schools as a kid, from Norfolk, to Rota, to Sigonella, etc. Did not see any of these post-1980-1981...

General Apathy
Would a name for my city fit in??.................Sandy A'go?? :rolleyes:

Hi JS, I see you have cottoned on to Mr Andrews post of re-arranged home-town names :lol::lol:

ken

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, 21 September 2012

General Apathy
Welcome back General ~ pull up a chair a sit a spelll!!

Hi Chunky, thanks for the offer of a chair to rest a while, is there the offer of a drink to go with that. :lol::lol:

ken

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, 23 September 2012

Johan Willaert
By the way I am amazed at the way your kitchen floor is standing up to having all that military hardware in there, the Harley, the wire cart etc etc, Mrs willaert does a fine job of keeping it clean and polished -_-:D

Actually we moved the entire collection into the house and are now living in the den.... :w00t:

Johan Willaert
I always get a Belgian beer or two and some Belgian chocs whenever I see Johan, he's one of the good guy's, very hospitable, his wife cooks a great meal as well. ;)

Thanks Ken! I've just shown her your message and she's asked to me let you know one of these days she will accompany me to Normandy so that you can return the favour!!

Johan Willaert
Just think Ken/Johan...General Horrocks' bum/ derriere/ butt could've graced that chair, en route to the Netherlands! :lol:

Well, living where I do, more probably General CRERAR or another Canadian high brass.... :lol:

Johan Willaert
Hi Johan, so we have 1942 & 1943 covered we now need to find the earliest date for WWII and also the last date. :lol: :thumbsup:

And on a serious note, would these have replaced the earlier wood & greenish canvas chairs which were in use at the beginning of the war???

I'm pretty sure these wooden chairs would have seen use by USAAF and other US units in England who would have brought them to the continent too....

The chair probably went as ' Chair, Field, One, for the use of ' :blink:

ken

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, 23 September 2012[/font]

An empty chair??

Proof Barry served during WWII, is there a picture for provenance ?? :w00t:

General Apathy
Thanks Ken! I've just shown her your message and she's asked to me let you know one of these days she will accompany me to Normandy so that you can return the favour!!

Hi Johan, it would be a pleasure to prepare a meal for your wife, youself and the boys that normally all gather to eat at the Ranger hotel :lol: , maybe we should do that next year, but I couldn't compete with the hotels sea food platter that was served this year. :w00t:

ken

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, 24 September 2012

:blink:

General Apathy
L'haute cuisine de "le Generale Chef" est superbe! :thumbsup:

Sabrejet, merci beaucoup mon ami pour vos aimables commentaires sur mes capacités à la cuisson. :lol: :thumbsup:

ken

General Apathy
An empty chair??

Proof Barry served during WWII, is there a picture for provenance ?? :w00t:

Hi JS, believe it or not but Barry was in Normandy, however it was 2009 and sorry to say he wasn't in the chair. ( we all bought our own drinks ) :unsure:

ken

Hi Johan, it would be a pleasure to prepare a meal for your wife, youself and the boys that normally all gather to eat at the Ranger hotel :lol: , maybe we should do that next year, but I couldn't compete with the hotels sea food platter that was served this year. :w00t:

ken

The legendary seafood platter at the restaurant in Grandcamps-Maisy which Ken was alluding to! (Those Belgian guys can really put it away! :w00t: )

post-8022-1348485554.jpg

The legendary seafood platter at the restaurant in Grandcamps-Maisy which Ken was alluding to! (Those Belgian guys can really put it away! :w00t: )

post-8022-1348485554.jpg

:w00t: :jeal0001: :jeal0001: I love sea food. I'm on a seafood diet. I see food-I eat it. Robert

:w00t: :jeal0001: :jeal0001: I love sea food. I'm on a seafood diet. I see food-I eat it. Robert

Groan! :pinch: The old ones are the best, aren't they Robert!? ;):lol:

I always get a Belgian beer or two and some Belgian chocs whenever I see Johan, he's one of the good guy's, very hospitable, his wife cooks a great meal as well. ;)

Ken,

One thing I have always admired about y'all is how often your neighbors get together and have a party. I envy the fact that you are always planning, working, and eating at so many functions. Y'all sure know how to live life to the fullest! We Americans need to learn to share more with our neighbors and have a good time!

.....Kat

ken

OHH C,mon Ken you sell yourself short, you can do at least half as good as that "Seafood Platter", after all 50% of it is ICE!, Lee.

General Apathy
Ken,

One thing I have always admired about y'all is how often your neighbors get together and have a party. I envy the fact that you are always planning, working, and eating at so many functions. Y'all sure know how to live life to the fullest! We Americans need to learn to share more with our neighbors and have a good time!

.....Kat

Hi Kat, well it might seem to yourself and others that there are always meals and get togethers, and friends in the UK are always trying to tell me that I have seven Saturday's in my week, but I can assure you that there is always plenty done around here in the way of work and then fitting in the preparations for the next get together :lol::lol:

ken

General Apathy
OHH C,mon Ken you sell yourself short, you can do at least half as good as that "Seafood Platter", after all 50% of it is ICE!, Lee.

Hi Lee, damn it your right about the ice, but it's the 50% that's not ice that worries me. :w00t: :unsure: :crying:

ken

General Apathy

Hi Ian, well you were there at the hotel to witness the seafood platter this year, and you have certainly wetted Robert's appetite for sea food, sounds like he would love a plate of that, and anything else by the sounds of it. :unsure::lol:

ken

General Apathy

post-344-1348516333.jpg

Normandy ( not quite barn ) finds today ...............

Well I went out for on a car ride today, and it always pays to have the old eyes out on stalks not just watching in front bit to either side as well. I spotted these two German barbed wire stakes and when I enquired if they were available then I also spotted that there were two American stakes with them as well used for pinning down PSP planks used as airfield matting.

These were nice to find as the base plates were still secured to the bottom, these base plates are generally missing due to erosion in the soil and the rough way in which they are extracted. The stakes and plates are above 80% galvanised cover remaining, a little straightening of the stake and they will look good again.

Sorry I can't say anything about where I found them as there is a possibility that some more may become available to me. :lol::lol::lol:

So one jolly happy person headed home after the day out with more for the ' collection ' :crying: ;)

ken