Anthony John Skrabacz - USN - MM 2nd Class

jmar

Hello everyone!

Here's one of those cases where a small slice of history has been preserved. I really enjoy seeing the documentation stay with the award or medal, unfortunately as time passes this happens less and less.

I'd like to submit to the forum a Yangtze Service medal, in it's original box with the award certificate. Certainly not the first of it's kind on the forum, but another to add for future reference.

I salute Machinist Mate 2nd Class Anthony John Skrabacz :salute: for his service and to whoever kept this all together.

Thank you all for stopping in and reading my thread!

Best wishes always,

Joe

post-48324-1334008974.jpg

Beautiful medal! Amazing to have the original paper work. I love the China pieces. Thank you.

Dick

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Love the documentation Joe !! Great medal and paper to support it !!

Has any one out there come across a copy of these docs in research packets from St. Louis !?! I've had campaign medal numbers confirmed in some of the "bio" or "time-line" type documents but I don't recall ever receiving a copy of the doc regarding the actual issue of the numbered campaign medal...

Thanks for showing !!

Vic

Its a Beauty Joe.Anybody would be proud to have that in their collection.Robert

Hello Robert!

I hope you're doing well, it's always nice to hear your nice comments and support!

Thank you for stopping in!

Best wishes!

Joe

Beautiful medal! Amazing to have the original paper work. I love the China pieces. Thank you.

Dick

Hello Dick,

I appreciate you taking the time to read my post and comment. Thank you for the nice compliment!

Best wishes!

Joe

A medallic treasure, Joe. :twothumbup: Thanks for sharing......Bob

Hi Bob,

I agree completely, it's a treasure and one I'm so happy to be able to care for until it's next steward. Thank you for your support!

Best wishes always!

Joe

Very nice Joe! You can't go wrong with this one! :thumbsup:

Hello R!

It's always nice to see you stop on in! Thank you for your consistent replies and encouragement.

I appreciate you reading and replying, it helps keep me posting :)

Best wishes to you!

Joe

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Love the documentation Joe !! Great medal and paper to support it !!

Has any one out there come across a copy of these docs in research packets from St. Louis !?! I've had campaign medal numbers confirmed in some of the "bio" or "time-line" type documents but I don't recall ever receiving a copy of the doc regarding the actual issue of the numbered campaign medal...

Thanks for showing !!

Vic

Hi Vic!

Thank you very much for your reply! I really like this type of support documentation, especially when it's the original paperwork. This particular award document was the first time I had noticed (at the bottom of the page) the "authorization to rim engrave" with additional info...name, rank, ship... I thought that was very interesting.

Thank you again!

My best wishes,

Joe

collectsmedals

The document for your medal is great! Those original boxers are hard to find too.

Thank you for sharing them with us.

collectsmedals

The document for your medal is great! Those original boxers are hard to find too.

Joe,

A numbered box, matching medal number, and paperwork don't show up very often at all. This is Truely a treasure, and one to be enjoyed and appreciated. Perhaps some of our newer collectors don't realize this fact. :thumbsup:

A numbered box, matching medal number, and paperwork don't show up very often at all. This is Truely a treasure, and one to be enjoyed and appreciated.

I agree! Congrats on a fantastic medal. You really show some amazing items!

....Kat

Hi CM,

Thank you for stopping in, reading and replying! I too really like this era of USN and USMC campaign medals, I'm very honored to have been able to add this nice little attributed medal to my collection.

Best wishes!

Joe

Joe,

A numbered box, matching medal number, and paperwork don't show up very often at all. This is Truely a treasure, and one to be enjoyed and appreciated. Perhaps some of our newer collectors don't realize this fact. :thumbsup:

Hi R!

I'm really glad you enjoyed it! This Forum has been so helpful (and supportive) to me I hope that some of my posts will be able to help another collector in the future.

My best wishes!

Joe

I agree! Congrats on a fantastic medal. You really show some amazing items!

....Kat

Hi Kat!!

Very nice to see you here! I hope you're doing well. It's always nice to hear from you :D , thank you for taking the time to stop on by and reply to my post!

My best to you always,

Joe

aerialbridge

Great historical piece to a China Sailor, thanks for sharing. With that medal and receipt, if you don't have any other paperwork for his service, you might consider ordering his records from NARA St. Louis.

Very nice example Joe! That letter makes it a spectacular example.

Kurt

Hi Kurt!

i hope you're doing well. Thank you for stopping in to read and reply! I'm hoping to get more time to start posting more pieces from my collection, you and many other Forum members have been a great source of inspiration and support. You've all helped me through some rough times. I thank you and all the others!

Best wishes to you always,

Joe