Information on a Colt 1860 Army revolver

I am attempting to locate any information/history on a Colt 1860 Army revolver with matching serial numbers. The revolver belonged to my girl friends deceased father. The story is that her great grand father who lived in the Lawrence Kansas area found the revolver in the hollow of a tree. The revolver was kept in a display case up until about 15 years ago,when one day it disappeared. The revolver was mysteriously reappeared in the attic of my girlfriends parents old house, about a week ago.

The revolver is all original with matching serial numbers with the government proof marks "D" and "H" are visible, and the patent mark is on the cylinder. I have been able to determine that the serial #132254 was produced in 1863.

Any information or suggestions where to look would be greatly appreciated.

Thats a great old Colt.If you have Flaydermans book you may find the serial number ranges.I dont have mine with me.Im sure other forum members can give you the info.

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

Minor detail but have you checked to be sure that there are no rounds in the cylinder? Many old weapons such as this were left loaded and "ready for bear"!

Former Navy Nuclear Weapons Officer (current member NNWA) collateral duty while active: OIC R&P Team and Base Armory. Life/Benefactor Member NRA (since 1962); Life Member NCGCA; Member Colt CA; collector/shooter/amateur gunsmith.

donation2013.gif

Minor detail but have you checked to be sure that there are no rounds in the cylinder? Many old weapons such as this were left loaded and "ready for bear"!

That is the first thing I did.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.