Foreign Decoration Question

FW12

Hello all!

This US AAF Major's uniform recently sold on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=160767314295&nma=true&rt=nc&si=tKy9VB50KPiU%252BalKaJlt8iteuDo%253D&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc). The jacket (and four other uniforms sold separately) belonged to a SHAEF AAF major, Major Meister.

My question is: what is the middle ribbon, second row - the scarlet one with palm? I have been looking all over, but can't identify it. It's been nagging me, so any help would be great!

Thanks!

post-88-1333938114.jpg

No, that's a Belgian order of Leopold I, knight class, the palm is for a bravery act. The other one is the belgian war cross.

Capt Robert T. Meister received the knight's badge of the Order of Leopold and the Croix de Guerre in Belgian Royal Decree 2262 of 2 May 1946.

Capt Robert T. Meister received the knight's badge of the Order of Leopold and the Croix de Guerre in Belgian Royal Decree 2262 of 2 May 1946.

Jeff, Michael, and Francois - thanks so much!

Jeff, Michael, and Francois - thanks so much!