reenactors of France

hello,

we are an association of reenacting in France we do essentially Pathfinder 505th AB in Normandie and 551st in southern of France!!

named: PATHFINDER MEMORY

our uniform aren't camo but after April they will be camo thumbsup.gif

some photos:

10320110.jpg

caf_2010.jpg

copie_10.jpg

02_jun14.jpg

18lemu10.jpg

ste20210.jpg

stebn110.jpg

hbtcoveralls

HI Gang,

You guys look swell! I've been over to France 4 times on re-enacting trips from the USA and met quite a few French Re-enactors and for my money, you're the bees knees! I just hope you appreciate how fortunate you are to live where so much WWII history happened. Over here, we have the Veterans and the training bases ( I live 30 minutes from the site of Camp Toccoa GA) but you have the battleground. Maybe, in the future you can also work up a "leg" infantry impression since Paratroops are everywhere, but the "ordinary" infantry is becoming harder and harder to find. Good Luck.

T. Bowers

You guys (and gal) look the part. Clean shaven and fit. Great pics! Thanks for keeping the history of WW2 alive..

Thank you for your congratulations!!

we try to do our best!!

I n France we certainly have influences of differents movies like SPR , BoB ..... but I think it's 50 50 between "ordinary" infantry and paratroopers..... all of them know Overlord and Neptune but many of them know Torch and Dragoon Anvil ...it's a great pity.....

and I search all equipments, badges ...... of the 551st PIB

thank you again thumbsup.gif

Johan Willaert
and I search all equipments, badges ...... of the 551st PIB

Then you'll like this..... ex-551st Camo'ed Demolition Bag, retrieved from the Bulge....

DemoBagBox.jpg

Enjoy,

Johan

• 1 month later...

the demolition bag is nice.

wouldnt it more like a 517th camo? Ive never seen 551st stuff with the sand color.

Hi Seb ! nice to see you here.

hey hey hello Gilles !!

I think for the demolition bag it's more 509th with the demo platoon !! but I am not sure of what I say !!

OK i just submitted the pics to hardcore Dragoon collectors in Southern france and the feedback for this demo kit is 100% 517th!

Johan Willaert

Since I got the bag out of the Belgian Ardennes, I had always assumed it was 551st gear.

However I was not sure and since the 517th passed thru the Ardennes too (correct me if I'm wrong here...), it is very possible this was used by 517th troops...

Will have to change the small dsplay card in my collection... thumbsup.gif

Thanks

Greg Sebring

Pathfinder Memory,

That's a good looking group. I have always wondered what the response or support was from the senior citizens to present day re-enactment groups such as yourself. Do they enthusiastically support you or is it a part of their past they would sooner like to forget?

Greg

(son of an 82nd ABN vet - Normandy to Berlin)

Pathfinder Memory,

That's a good looking group. I have always wondered what the response or support was from the senior citizens to present day re-enactment groups such as yourself. Do they enthusiastically support you or is it a part of their past they would sooner like to forget?

Greg

(son of an 82nd ABN vet - Normandy to Berlin)

Let say that they are satisfied that we can think of them and what they have to do and support!! But they don't like speaking about it or what remembrances owed for such a long time.....

Greg Sebring
Let say that they are satisfied that we can think of them and what they have to do and support!! But they don't like speaking about it or what remembrances owed for such a long time.....

I think it's good for two reasons. One, you appreciate and remember the not so distant past, and two, you can't help but educate others of the younger generation so they know the freedoms they enjoy came with a price paid by others who cared.

thumbsup.gif

Greg

• 2 weeks later...