small WW2 medal display

all1knew

Hello all,

My US collection isn't big but each one of these medals I personally acquired at various shows, the flea market, or were past down from a family member. Tried to make a decent display of the more common awarded versions, i.e. service and campaign medals.

One day, I plan to do a "valor" and "war" case in a similar fashion with a Bronze Star, Silver Star, Distinguished Service Cross, Air Medal, Distinguished Flying cross and the Soldier's medal - which WW2 ones am I missing? Maybe might even toss in a Purple Heart as well.

Anyhow, here's the riker display.

William Kramer

post-83697-1333819359.jpg

Javelin4life

Hey William,

This case is a great start to an excellent hobby; I look forward to seeing the valor case when it's completed :)

Alex

My thought is not criticism, just a suggestion. Perhaps placing your medals in the proper order will serve another as an educational aid for non-collectors. Learning about basic medals and the order of precedence.

canadian bacon

and if your looking for medals for your valour case pm me i might have some laying around

cheers michael

Javelin4life

I second Michael's comment as well. If you need any specific medals, I'm more than happy to help out :)

• 2 months later...
Rakkasan187

You have a nice collection of medals, I would like to suggest that if the backing is foam, you may want to consider replacing that. After some time, the foam will degrade and in some cases will stick to the back of the medals and ribbons. This process will of course speed up if the case is exposed to sunlight or is in very high or low temperture extremes such as high heat or freezing temps for long periods of time.

Here is a thread that was started about storing medals on foam and the consequences..

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...howtopic=118407

Leigh...