Navy Air Medal w/ wrap broach and USN Ribbon Bar value?

T-Bone

I was haunting a local shop today and found a WW2 Air Medal with a wrap around broach, a long drape and a Navy pattern ribbon bar. Sadly not named.

I have been out of the game for a while, what is the value of one of these these days?

I have been finding AMs lately, the last was a MINT cased AM Decoration set in it's 1971 cardboard box for $10.00, so I am curious if I am very lucky or has interest in these declined?

T-Bone

U.S. medal collector
I was haunting a local shop today and found a WW2 Air Medal with a wrap around broach, a long drape and a Navy pattern ribbon bar. Sadly not named.

I have been out of the game for a while, what is the value of one of these these days?

I have been finding AMs lately, the last was a MINT cased AM Decoration set in it's 1971 cardboard box for $10.00, so I am curious if I am very lucky or has interest in these declined?

T-Bone

I love collecting the WW2 early Air Medals cased complete also !!!

I love collecting the WW2 early Air Medals cased complete also !!!

Can you give me an idea about price range? They want $30.00 for this one.

T-Bone

Make sure its a truly Navy Air Medal and not a full wrap brooch Army Air Medal.

Just thought I'd throw that out there !!

Vic

Make sure its a truly Navy Air Medal and not a full wrap brooch Army Air Medal.

Just thought I'd throw that out there !!

Vic

Either way it is still a great buy.

Hello TB!

A GREAT price, but like Vic mentioned be sure it's a USN version with the full wrap brooch, smooth ball catch and soldered suspension joint.

Best wishes!

Joe

Hello TB!

A GREAT price, but like Vic mentioned be sure it's a USN version with the full wrap brooch, smooth ball catch and soldered suspension joint.

Best wishes!

Joe

Does anyone have a picture? I am a bit confused

FrankEaton01

The wrap brooches used by the US Mint on USN/USMC issue Air Medals have a catch where the pin enters from underneath (shown on left). The brooches used by private manufacturers on AAF issue Air Medals have a catch where the pin drops straight in (shown on right).

213cdcdb.jpg

Also, the fleur-de-lis on USN/USMC Air Medals is a separate piece soldered onto the top of the pendant. AAF Air Medals have a one-piece pendant.

6b0e53e1.jpg

Thanks, it look like I have a AAF AM on a longer ribbon. At least it has a wrap brooch.

I will take some pictures in a few, including my VN era set.

T-Bone