Camp Roberts Museum

DutchInfid3l

DutchInfid3l

Not a complete representation of all that they have. Two buildings. But these (to me) were some of the more interesting displays.

Camp Roberts Historical Museum

Bldg 114

Camp Roberts, CA 93451-5000

(805) 238-8288

Website

077.jpg

078.jpg

083.jpg

084.jpg

086.jpg

087.jpg

088.jpg

As many times I've reenacted at Roberts, I've never been to the museum.....Looks like fun!

Love the Capser Weinberger uniform....

Leonardo

Excellent display! Looks like it is well worth the trip.

That denim outfit just looks bizarre. Black and white photos just do not do justice to how different it was from later OD uniforms. I also like that "range officer" uniform... I certainly never dressed up like that to run a range! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for posting these pictures. I've never been to Camp Roberts but would love to go someday. Here is a picture of some of my Dad's paperwork showing his training at Camp Roberts during WWII.

DadsPapers.jpg

DutchInfid3l
thanks a bunch for posting this!!

My pleasure! They have two buildings, one the regular museum and another down the road they called the "annex". Has a few static displays, tanks, APCs, etc. sitting out front.

They have quite an array of items, LOTS of photos, research books, all the different famous people that have trained there. A lot to take in. Need to make another trip up there myself. Plus, it's just really interesting just to drive around the camp. Always eerie seeing the abandoned barracks from the 101.

They have them off limits and barricaded and supposedly will have them all torn down by the end of the year.

133.jpg

129.jpg

134.jpg

136.jpg

135.jpg

130.jpg

Glenn_Janssens

Very interesting pics.

I'm doing a research on Ltc Peters C Ernest...he was the Camp Commander around late '43.

Thanks for sharing.