The Marine Corps Emblem are not termed or called "Garrison Emblem(s)". Your first emblem is (issue item) used on the Enlisted Service uniform Barracks Cover. It is the present design adopted in 1955 and used to this day.

The second emblem is the WW2 era Barracks Cover Emblem, used with dress blues. This design was used from 1936 - 1955. It too is an issue emblem

The final emblem, identical to the first, shows the USMC approval number of the maker. It too is an issue item.

The bended knee is not a tradition of our Corps. (General A. A. Vandegrift, USMC, 5 May 1946)

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

The dress WW2 Corps Device you have is the seldom seen Gemsco variety. Much harder to find and with distinct detail...congrats.

S/F,

Mike

Mike Manifor
Buying and selling Military Antiques. Specializing in hat and collar insignia (EGAs) of the USMC.
Top dollar paid.
info@eagleglobeandanchor.com
My website:www.eagleglobeandanchor.com

Visit my EGA reference section: http://www.eagleglobeandanchor.com/EGA_Reference_Section.html

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

Thanks for the help. What is a WW2 Dress emblem worth? I hope I did not pay to much...

Charlie

About $8-10 for one of the millions of unmarked versions, your Gemsco version will bring $20-40.

S/F,

Mike

Mike Manifor
Buying and selling Military Antiques. Specializing in hat and collar insignia (EGAs) of the USMC.
Top dollar paid.
info@eagleglobeandanchor.com
My website:www.eagleglobeandanchor.com

Visit my EGA reference section: http://www.eagleglobeandanchor.com/EGA_Reference_Section.html

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif