How many points on a vehicle star?

hawkdriver

My question is how many points on a vehicle star when painted on a vehicle, 5 or 6?

We were using a flat bed HEMTT to move some equipment. As we were preparing to load it up, a SSG pulled up and informed us that one of the tail lights was burnt out. When I went around back to check it out, this is what I saw. I asked the SSG how he saw the tail light and not the star.

n354k6.jpg

Just in case you cant see it.

2444hw7.jpg

We were considering repainting the bumper number from E50 to Juden 50.

Former 6th Division equipment?

No, that HEMMTT has been with us since it's birth. The front of the thing has the right star, it appears that has been there for some time, so I don't know if it was someones attempt at humor or if they just used a couple triangles to make the star and didn't know the difference.

17thairborne

Could that be some sort of max load test proof stencil, a CG stencil or something else? Or is that normally where the 5-pointed one goes? I too am confused by that stencil. :dunno:

I recall a dozen or so (maybe more) USAR trucks with upside-down stars (black, five-point). Done as part of the camo woodland deal circa 1983.

Kilroy did the paint job. Its like the pigs on the New England Cop car shields that no one caught.

I would like to see that!! ;)

• 1 month later...

It has nothing to do with the load test of the crane. That is the standard location for the star, I'm just guessing some young private at the paint shop was told to make a stencil of a star and paint the boom. This is probably just the result of that.

Mike