Very old USMC insignia

Hello all,

I have had this one and have been unable to identify what time period it is from but I believe it to be an antique. The screw-disc on the reverse is quite odd and I also have a golden colored insignia as well. I was going to list the pair on eBay as I don't have a clue what they're worth and figured an auction format would return the most honest and fair results. Any help for my item description would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

William Kramer

post-83697-1333564332.jpg

Us and them - and after all we’re only ordinary men. Me, and you - God only knows it’s not what we would choose to do. Forward he cried from the rear, and the front rank died, and the general sat and the lines on the map moved from side to side.

- US & THEM, THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON - PINK FLOYD

post-83697-1333564352.jpg

Us and them - and after all we’re only ordinary men. Me, and you - God only knows it’s not what we would choose to do. Forward he cried from the rear, and the front rank died, and the general sat and the lines on the map moved from side to side.

post-83697-1333564510.jpg

post-83697-1333564529.jpg

post-83697-1333564640.jpg

post-83697-1333564664.jpg

post-83697-1333564686.jpg

Your emblem is for the enlisted service tunic collar (issue variety). It is often referred to as a M1937 or P1937, it was in use up to 1956, at which time the current design was adopted. This particular emblem was used during the WW2 period as evidenced by the zinc flower shaped roller.

The bended knee is not a tradition of our Corps. (General A. A. Vandegrift, USMC, 5 May 1946)

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

The second emblem is modeled after the current issue / design for the enlisted dress blues... the ring affixed above the eagle indicates it was made for used with jewelry.

The bended knee is not a tradition of our Corps. (General A. A. Vandegrift, USMC, 5 May 1946)

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

post-83697-1333565141.jpg

Your emblem is for the enlisted service tunic collar (issue variety). It is often referred to as a M1937 or P1937, it was in use up to 1956, at which time the current design was adopted. This particular emblem was used during the WW2 period as evidenced by the zinc flower shaped roller.

I appreciate your help with the identification - thank you!

William Kramer