Military Art

RCleary171

This came off even more primitive than I had expected. A very flat rendering but something I wish to pursue.

Bob

post-83546-1334520480.jpg

The Meatcan

great to see that you've been adding a lot more of your artwork to this thread. I really like it. Nice job!

you must work fast! you've built up quite the gallery here in recent days :thumbsup:

Terry

to all who have served!

you must work fast! you've built up quite the gallery here in recent days :thumbsup:

Terry

Thanks Terry; I have discovered that I am a very impatient painter.

Do you only paint WWI pictures or do you venture out into other wars/eras? I'm sorry if this comes off rude, and it isn't meant to sound rude by any means. You're gifted and I love your paintings.

Do you only paint WWI pictures or do you venture out into other wars/eras? I'm sorry if this comes off rude, and it isn't meant to sound rude by any means. You're gifted and I love your paintings.

That's a great question! I only post my military stuff here. I'm working on landscapes and experimenting with general portraits and cartoons but I am most interested in military subjects. Thanks for your kind words.

Bob

• 3 years later...
  • 3 years later...

A collection of some of my American Civil War sketches.

Confederate Sharp Shooter

1dc8e278d261a26faae2f3d6216cb404.jpg

Union Trooper

12a6978f48e8cf8d866df38c73a964d1.jpg

Chow Time

a010cffefea9494dfc66fd7290cb20b0.jpg

d5be85a296546d76fa6347ad13fc7048.jpg

895cf1971bc3046be8bf31af8b306abf.jpg

61388eed6e996664670f243967b34838.jpg

f599e0056f7018556e9fce3dce6ba276.jpg

I never saw this post first time around. Your art is wonderful. Do I see a change in your style since the first pieces you showed? Has it evolved or do you vary it? I have no artistic skills myself, so am fascinated when I see it in others.

Mikie

donation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

I never saw this post first time around. Your art is wonderful. Do I see a change in your style since the first pieces you showed? Has it evolved or do you vary it? I have no artistic skills myself, so am fascinated when I see it in others.

Mikie

Hi Mikie,

Yes, my style and skill have evolved over time and effort. I'm glad you like my sketches. I don't have a great imagination so I rely on photos of reenactors. They contain more action than period photographs.

Bob

Your work is outstanding. Caricature art is a strong story teller. Your use of water colors; I believe they're water colors; is exquisite.

Thank you for your art. It's very fitting of WWI.

Semper Fi.

Manny

Your work is outstanding. Caricature art is a strong story teller. Your use of water colors; I believe they're water colors; is exquisite.

Thank you for your art. It's very fitting of WWI.

Semper Fi.

Manny

Thanks Manny,

I'm due to get back to sketching the Great War. I appreciate your fine comments.

Bob

Wow, I am very impressed. Your images capture the life and feelings of the subject and convey that to the viewer.

Mr.JERRY

My new book on the History of the US Service Flag is available now- contact me directly for a signed copy

https://www.elmgrovepublishing.com/in-the-service-of-our-country

Collector of WWI & WWII Home Front Flags, Unit Flags & Guidons, US & German helmets, insignia, uniforms, medals,

Women's Military Uniforms, Wisconsin Vocational School made Fighting Knives.

Military Collectibles Shop Owner & Dealer in everything else~!

Check out our Facebook page for updates and the latest Shop news!:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-Collectibles-Shop/171226792906875
Visit our website (and visit our shop if you are ever near Milwaukee, WI USA)
http://www.militarycollectorsHQ.com

See what Mr.Jerry has on eBay this week:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/mr.jerry/m.html?_ipg=200&_sop=1&_rdc=1

Wow, I am very impressed. Your images capture the life and feelings of the subject and convey that to the viewer.

Thanks Mr. Jerry. I'm glad you like my sketches. Here's a recent WWI sketch of a US Infantry soldier.

9ec27823e79be2b3a9ab10277ebcc506.jpg