Military Art

RCleary171

The Meatcan

great to see that you've been adding a lot more of your artwork to this thread. I really like it. Nice job!

you must work fast! you've built up quite the gallery here in recent days :thumbsup:

Terry

you must work fast! you've built up quite the gallery here in recent days :thumbsup:

Terry

Thanks Terry; I have discovered that I am a very impatient painter.

Do you only paint WWI pictures or do you venture out into other wars/eras? I'm sorry if this comes off rude, and it isn't meant to sound rude by any means. You're gifted and I love your paintings.

Do you only paint WWI pictures or do you venture out into other wars/eras? I'm sorry if this comes off rude, and it isn't meant to sound rude by any means. You're gifted and I love your paintings.

That's a great question! I only post my military stuff here. I'm working on landscapes and experimenting with general portraits and cartoons but I am most interested in military subjects. Thanks for your kind words.

Bob

• 3 years later...
  • 3 years later...

I never saw this post first time around. Your art is wonderful. Do I see a change in your style since the first pieces you showed? Has it evolved or do you vary it? I have no artistic skills myself, so am fascinated when I see it in others.

Mikie

I never saw this post first time around. Your art is wonderful. Do I see a change in your style since the first pieces you showed? Has it evolved or do you vary it? I have no artistic skills myself, so am fascinated when I see it in others.

Mikie

Hi Mikie,

Yes, my style and skill have evolved over time and effort. I'm glad you like my sketches. I don't have a great imagination so I rely on photos of reenactors. They contain more action than period photographs.

Bob

Your work is outstanding. Caricature art is a strong story teller. Your use of water colors; I believe they're water colors; is exquisite.

Thank you for your art. It's very fitting of WWI.

Semper Fi.

Manny

Your work is outstanding. Caricature art is a strong story teller. Your use of water colors; I believe they're water colors; is exquisite.

Thank you for your art. It's very fitting of WWI.

Semper Fi.

Manny

Thanks Manny,

I'm due to get back to sketching the Great War. I appreciate your fine comments.

Bob

Wow, I am very impressed. Your images capture the life and feelings of the subject and convey that to the viewer.

Thanks Mr. Jerry. I'm glad you like my sketches. Here's a recent WWI sketch of a US Infantry soldier.

9ec27823e79be2b3a9ab10277ebcc506.jpg