Unissued WW2 1944 Dated Ponchos

Malygris

Several years ago they found a bunch of these in Greece.I think soume came out of Europe as well.A guy I know was buying them at the SOS from the guy who found them and they were fairly reasonably priced.He found two of the early all khaki ones that were not camo and they were mint from the pile.One dealer wanted several hundred so the seller figured he was selling to cheap and bumped the price up :blink:

You can still find them for around $100 (and less) for the camo ones.I got one for $55 plus shipping about 3 months ago.Some times an earlier date of 1942 or 1943 will bring a little more.

RD

I'll have one at the show in Franklin, TN (TMCA) this Friday and Saturday. Asking a hundred bucks and it's mint....just found condition.

Ronnie

This ones in Greece.Another seller was offering them as well at one time.I think he went by redderwolf ?.Had items from colorado and from greece.

I find mint navy marked ones as well as a couple unmarked ones and you cant hardly give them away

Pretty sure mine came from Greece and was in the 50$ range. 44 dated and what seemed like 3lbs. of talc.

post-8987-1333476002.jpg

combat-helmets

agreed...$ 150 is still pricey for these. not as rare as they make them out to be...

They are on e-bay all the time. You can usually snag them for $50-75..

most left seem to be the Walker 44-45 dated ones. Always seek out the 42-43 dated ones.

They are more rare and much less common!

This ones in Greece.Another seller was offering them as well at one time.I think he went by redderwolf ?.Had items from colorado and from greece.

I find mint navy marked ones as well as a couple unmarked ones and you cant hardly give them away

I would take a navy one if I could find it.