WAC poster in a restaurant bathroom

jpgrl

Well you just never know what you'll find over the toilet in your favorite restaurant's bathroom. I'm a little ashamed to admit I wondered if they'd notice if I replaced it with a repro :ermm: :blush::unsure:

Anyone else seen "stuff" on the walls of a restaurant used as decoration that they would like to have taken home somehow?

Steph

post-5147-1333071632.jpg

Yes, there is a local restaurant in Fullerton that has a bunch of named WWI Us army soldier photos.

Leonardo

There was a fast food place in Lincoln, NE that had a display of Rock and Roll memorabilia... including Marilyn Monroe's civilian ID card from when she entertained the troops in Korea.

I am 96% sure it was a repro... I wasn't sure if the owners knew that, or were just smart enough to not put the original out to where it could be smashed and grabbed.

carbinephalen

Dang! Usually the only things I come across above a toilet is a framed week old sports page from the newspaper...Or some gals phone numbers! :w00t:

They always seem to be classy ladies based on their descriptions :lol2:

Johan Willaert
Anyone else seen "stuff" on the walls of a restaurant used as decoration that they would like to have taken home somehow?

Back in 2001, a TGIF near Fort Lee, VA had an Inland AB Helmet Liner against the wall....

carbinephalen
Back in 2001, a TGIF near Fort Lee, VA had an Inland AB Helmet Liner against the wall....

Say it isn't so Johan, say it isn't so. :pinch: I surely hope you or somebody saved that one!

Johan Willaert
Say it isn't so Johan, say it isn't so. :pinch: I surely hope you or somebody saved that one!

I didn't... It was screwed down!! into the wooden planking about 10' high against the wall...

Might still be there for all I know.... :w00t:

hbtcoveralls

Cracker Barrel restaurant in PA had a 1910 T-handled E-tool hanging in the "Store" in the front. Of course all that stuff is strictly "not for sale"

Tom Bowers

I was in a 1940's themed diner in So Cal back in the early 90s that had at least 10 WW2 uniform jackets hung on a coat peg board on the wall. All were "run of the mill" Ikes (though with full insignia) but the one that stood out to me was a khaki summer four pocket AAF officer's jacket with full bullion direct embroidered collar devices, rank, wings, and AAF patch! :pinch: I lusted over it for most of my dinner..... :lol:

Cracker Barrel restaurant in PA had a 1910 T-handled E-tool hanging in the "Store" in the front. Of course all that stuff is strictly "not for sale"

Tom Bowers

Per Bob/ Vintageproductions, Cracker Barrel will sell the items they have hanging on the walls. You might inquire. I notice they all have inventory tags on them.

hbtcoveralls

Thanks, I checked and they wouldn't sell it (shortly after it opened) and haven't been back that way in years. So any members near Fogelsville PA (lehigh Valley near Rt 100) might give it a try. While you're there, go around the corner and see Strohl Chevrolet that was owned by Rod Strohl of Easy 506th (band of Brothers guys).

Tom Bowers

Johan Willaert
Like a military version of the Hard Rock Cafe!

For many years in the 80s and early 90s, I thought about opening a US WW2 themed cafe or B&B in Normandy....

Name was obvious ('The Liberator') and it would have housed the collection, with the Harley Liberator above the bar... I even had the location in mind... The Cafe/Restaurant Tivoli 200yds east of the Pointe du Hoc roundabout on the main coastal road towards Omaha Beach...

But then again, I never dared taking the final step.... :unsure:

Meanwhile some that really did it were Frank at the Roosevelt Cafe off Utah Beach, Steve at the Ivy house and a couple of other....

Oh my gosh, if I could have only taken home the gun collection that hung on the wall in White's Truck Stop (up until a couple years ago, when it was sold).

The collection included historic antiques and oddities, as well as nazi daggers, a SchnellFeuer and full auto Thompson.

My favorite display was the one with all the P38s, Lugers, Broomhandles, etc. Oh and the 44 Automag!

They also had a killer antique motorcycle collection outside that included Norton, Harley, Indian.

It was just an amazing place to stop and eat and gander at the old man's collection.

His grandson inherited all of it and auctioned the guns, Ebayed the bikes, etc.