7th on the Move Trip

Johan Willaert

*cough cough* That's a familiar photo ;)

Not sure yet if I'm going on this one, even if it's very close to home.

I'm hesitant because of the Dutch side of the organisation and my personal experiences at St. Vith last December.

I'm hesitant because of the Dutch side of the organisation and my personal experiences at St. Vith last December.

Its has changed

Is UK organisation with 2 guys in Dutch side NOW

hbtcoveralls

It really does sound like fun, just can't afford it this time. Czech Republic was a blast back in 2010, but I might just have to save my dimes and see if I can swing a blow-out in 2014. It's kinda hard for us Yanks. Air fair is a killer and the weak dollar just adds insult to injury. Awesome photo as always Rick. I still treasure the one photo you took of me on the 2003 trip, best re-enactment photo of me ever.

Tom Bowers

Rick, what were your personal experiences at St Vith last December? I'm interested to know - you should have come with us (2nd Armd in Europe) to our 2nd Infantry event instead... ;)

Email me if you don't want to post on here.

Cheers,

Glen.

Member_2114
Rick, what were your personal experiences at St Vith last December? I'm interested to know - you should have come with us (2nd Armd in Europe) to our 2nd Infantry event instead... ;)

Email me if you don't want to post on here.

Cheers,

Glen.

The only grief we had at St Vith in December was trying to find a restaurant!!!!

Haha! That's true, Paul. But we were only moving up through it to our front line positions unlike Rick who was stuck there... ;)

Anyway, back to the 7th Armd event itself, this has the full backing of the UK-based 2AiE organisers, and there is potential of up to 50 coming over from the UK for it, so don't worry, it's going to be good!

Cheers,

Glen.

That at least makes me feel a lot more comfortable going on this trip.

The stay at Overloon certainly will be worth it for anyone who is going. The Liberty Park museum houses the fantastic GC Marshall Museum Collection of US logistic, recovery and engineering vehicles :) ....and of course their 'restored' panther tank :dry:

Dutch participation might be a little light, because the event also coinsides with the Living History Weekend of the National Living History Platform at the end of September.

General Apathy
Ken sent me this link with more pictures taking by Mr Flibble during last year's trip in Brittany...

http://photo.net/leica-rangefinders-forum/00ZL47

Hi Johan, yes I am also waiting for feedback from Mr Perry who was mighty interested to see the photo credits on the third photo " Mr Skillman removing a hot Coleman heater from one of the M1937 field ranges " as it is in fact Mr Perry removing a hot Coleman burner from an M-37 range. :crying: :unsure:

Watch out Rick and keep a sharp lookout on the food Mr Perry serves you up on the next trip :lol::lol:

Will not be making the trip this September due to family arrangements, Dank U Wel

ken ;)

Whoops....don't talk to you fellows enough to get all the names right...

All 300+ photos I uploaded of the PutP tour can be found

here

General Apathy
Whoops....don't talk to you fellows enough to get all the names right...

All 300+ photos I uploaded of the PutP tour can be found

here

Hi Rick, that's o.k. on the next trip spend some time on kitchen detail washing some of the cooking equipment down and you will get to know the cook crew. :lol::lol::lol:

Just let me know and I will square your name away on the detail list. :w00t:

ken

No problems with doing dishes and a bit of cooking, but letting me peel spuds would be a recipe for disaster ;)