Someone needed a Repro C1 Vest

Survival

You're right about the lack of adjustment tapes on the back. Also, I can't see the .45 holster but that could be down to the camera angle? All in all, a pretty good repro. Find another!!? ;)

Saw a repro in the completwed sales that brought $200 :blink: Dont uinderstand it as there are plenty of the originals for way less.I sold a spare I had to a new forum member.

Johan Willaert

These alpha industries made replicas sold thru US Cavalry in the early 90s did not come with a 45 holster or open back...

They were great for carrying small things like camera film rolls and such... Had one back in that time and sold it at Beltring roughly 10 years ago

These alpha industries made replicas sold thru US Cavalry in the early 90s did not come with a 45 holster or open back...
Exactly. I had one when they were first for sale back then. I’d bought it for an AAF display and didn’t realize it had a full back. I sold it at a loss.

Since that time, I’ve been trying to find another that fits, with very little luck.

It’s embarrassing to admit, but I’m looking for one for a purpose that has nothing to with military collecting. I’ve been a big fan of the short-lived Fox TV series, “Space: Above and Beyond” and have been building up a replica of the uniforms they used on the show. I’ve been able to find most of the stuff that wasn’t production-made and have gotten in touch with people who worked on the show. They used these vests on the show in two episodes and I recognized the type right away when they show was finally released on DVD. The changed out the front and added a patch over the AAF “meatball” insignia. Here’s a production-used vest and a still of it being worn on the show:

FlakVest.jpg

tacvest4.jpg