REMEMBER 173rd AIRBORNE 2007

BIGGREG

This last group of Picture were made during a "Reenactment" Aerial festival here in Belgium

http://www.wingsandwheels.be/

and our group was very happy to do something for the guys of the 2nd Cavalry "Stryker" Regiment.

and this is that last pic I'll post... :w00t:

post-64352-1332496731.jpg

Thank you for all your comments...

have a nice day

:lol:

;)

• 2 weeks later...

WEIRD.

It's too early. If the war is ongoing or just recently ended, there's no need to remember it or preserve it. But, like many members here, this is personal.

December was tough for me. I spent 30 months of my life in Iraq and lost friends there. I continue to lose friends and families due to the after effects. After all that, and all the controversy, it just disappeared. There's no way to explain how it felt to have something that largely defined my life to this point simply fade away without much of a peep; and without many good answers or resolution. I don't want people to reenact what we did in Iraq for many years to come. The war in Afghanistan is going badly and our nation has to figure that out in the best way possible. Let's remember 20 years from now when such a small segment of the American population that actually fought in these wars is largely forgotten by those who chose not to participate.

As for young men, airsofters and such, who wear modern uniforms and pretend to live out their "Call of Duty" fantasies in modern uniforms, they strike me as another legion of fanboys. If young American men want to wear ACU's/MARPATS and fake plate carriers and tote guns, then they ought to lend a hand and serve their nation in a time of war. This is why it's too early. If you're a healthy American man, and you haven't served and you want to honor my service, then go serve yourself and don't pretend to do it while my friends have served 4-5 deployments.

Reenacting should follow the history books once the arguments have been made and the dust settles. They shouldn't precede them.

I don't mean to be offensive or overly political, but obviously the issue of currency touches on unresolved policies.

I'm going to renew my appreciation here for your efforts with your nice display. My feelings seem to be contrary to the majority but I feel you deserve credit for your efforts. As a Vietnam combat medic who also attended several other "shooting holidays" up until my retirement I am also concerned when I see re~enactments depicting many of the events I was involved with but I have come to accept these portrayals as a tribute to our own experiences and I can assure you combat medicine has it's own issues. As an example, in training one of the first things you learn to do is lie: "You're gonna be okay". But in practical application it is emotionally draining when the guy you are working on with burns over 80% of his body is screaming and will spend the rest of his life doing so, roughly the next four hours. And while this may be something I have to deal with it is even tougher on the woman who sleeps next to me.

What I'm trying to say is that while my own experiences remain vivid to this day I am also more than happy to pass along what I know to the groups here who are trying to put accurately together displays, both static and living that indirectly tell my story and that of so many of my teammates who gave far more than myself. Thank you, again gentlemen for this portrayal and I hope you will continue doing so.

I'm going to renew my appreciation here for your efforts with your nice display. My feelings seem to be contrary to the majority but I feel you deserve credit for your efforts. As a Vietnam combat medic who also attended several other "shooting holidays" up until my retirement I am also concerned when I see re~enactments depicting many of the events I was involved with but I have come to accept these portrayals as a tribute to our own experiences and I can assure you combat medicine has it's own issues. As an example, in training one of the first things you learn to do is lie: "You're gonna be okay". But in practical application it is emotionally draining when the guy you are working on with burns over 80% of his body is screaming and will spend the rest of his life doing so, roughly the next four hours. And while this may be something I have to deal with it is even tougher on the woman who sleeps next to me.

What I'm trying to say is that while my own experiences remain vivid to this day I am also more than happy to pass along what I know to the groups here who are trying to put accurately together displays, both static and living that indirectly tell my story and that of so many of my teammates who gave far more than myself. Thank you, again gentlemen for this portrayal and I hope you will continue doing so.

Dear rr01

Thank you for your Service

Thank you for your comments of appreciation...I know it's a sensitive subject ...but we as REMEMBER we will continue to do the best we can to portray and not forgetting your commitment and all the sacrifices of your friends..

WEIRD.

It's too early. If the war is ongoing or just recently ended, there's no need to remember it or preserve it. But, like many members here, this is personal.

December was tough for me. I spent 30 months of my life in Iraq and lost friends there. I continue to lose friends and families due to the after effects. After all that, and all the controversy, it just disappeared. There's no way to explain how it felt to have something that largely defined my life to this point simply fade away without much of a peep; and without many good answers or resolution. I don't want people to reenact what we did in Iraq for many years to come. The war in Afghanistan is going badly and our nation has to figure that out in the best way possible. Let's remember 20 years from now when such a small segment of the American population that actually fought in these wars is largely forgotten by those who chose not to participate.

As for young men, airsofters and such, who wear modern uniforms and pretend to live out their "Call of Duty" fantasies in modern uniforms, they strike me as another legion of fanboys. If young American men want to wear ACU's/MARPATS and fake plate carriers and tote guns, then they ought to lend a hand and serve their nation in a time of war. This is why it's too early. If you're a healthy American man, and you haven't served and you want to honor my service, then go serve yourself and don't pretend to do it while my friends have served 4-5 deployments.

Reenacting should follow the history books once the arguments have been made and the dust settles. They shouldn't precede them.

I don't mean to be offensive or overly political, but obviously the issue of currency touches on unresolved policies.

Dear Apache

Thank you for your service.

I understand your comment...just one thing..we are all NOT Americans and we cannot serve...(trust me...if i could i would)...

please I hope we did not offend you with this reenactment (we are not airsofters) and we are not wannabes...we just try to portray in a different way than putting uniform and equipment on a display...as i said before we just want to be living mannequins to keep the memory alive..

I have friend that served in Iraq and Afghanistan...Cpt. D.Sammy and he said to me one day..."who is going to remember us?"...We will...we just don't want to wait 20/30/40/50/60/70 years to say THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE in our way..

by the way we are not Airsofters all our guns are "replicas" or Demiltarized (not functional)

:w00t:

post-64352-1332495867.jpg

just for all you to know this guy is an active duty US ARMY Sgt. that was with us for a reenactment.

He is a veteran of OIF and OEF...

I get it that you aren't Americans I and I DO appreciate the sentiment that you'd contribute if you could.

If you're going to do it, then do it right. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
hbtcoveralls

Hey guys,

As a fellow American who knows Greg personally, I can assure you that he is an awesome and stand up guy, whose portrayals are a perfect tribute to American fighting men. He's probably too modest to mention it, but he is a veteran of his own nation's forces. I also met and know the Sgt depicted in the photos wearing his "lucky" ballcap. And he's a great guy too. I realize that this might not be the type of re-enactment activity that everyone is used to, but remember that in western europe, OIF and OEF are still very controversial and that these guys depicting the soldiers from OIF and OEF help bring a personal face to the war. Not much I can say to make anybody who doesn't appreciate this depiction feel any better about it, but just wanted to let you know that these guys are all right.

Tom Bowers

If you'd posted at the start that most of you aren't US citizens and this was being done in Europe, I think you could have avoided a lot of negative feedback. I think most people understand that you can't very well join the US Army easily when you're not a citizen!

:thumbsup:

If you'd posted at the start that most of you aren't US citizens and this was being done in Europe, I think you could have avoided a lot of negative feedback. I think most people understand that you can't very well join the US Army easily when you're not a citizen!

:thumbsup:

OK Thanks...and Thank you Tom for the comment...(CZ was awsome)

Glenn_Janssens
Dear Apache

Thank you for your service.

I understand your comment...just one thing..we are all NOT Americans and we cannot serve...(trust me...if i could i would)...

Your Countrymen also serve in Afghanistan.