Soldier's (War) Bond

KEF

Haven't posted in quite a long time but do get New Topic Notification's and have seen some very interesting new items Forum members have posted.

I finally acquired this $10.00 War Bond to add to my WAR BOND collection. This War Bond was sold only to members of the armed forces in WW II therefore it was called a "Soldier's Bond"

"Keep 'em Flying"... Kef

post-9627-1332132349.jpg

With my new Soldier's War Bond I have this small 18"x24" poster. One side is a map distributed by the Army Information Branch & Navy Educational Services "NEWSMAP " Overseas Edition U.S. Gov Print Office 1944

For the Armed Forces 292nd Week of the War - 174 Week of U.S. Participation "Allies Squeeze Reich".

Has detailed map of Europe and some battles.

Also shows the PTO and "Okinawa Resistance Stiffens"

Noted also on map Japanese Battleship (YAMATO) Sunk but also mentions three American destroyers sunk and seven American aircraft lost

This "newsmap" reports the news accurately and truthfully to U.S. servicemen 591000 copies of this poster was distributed to them.

But since were keeping our troops informed about the war, & true to our capitalistic democratic ways we will advertise War Bonds on the back of the map. The Home Front and War Front needed to help finance the war by Buying U.S. War Bonds & Stamps too... "Keep 'em Flying" Kef

post-9627-1332185169.jpg