Anyone know what these flares are? RAF?

When I read the topic title I was expecting to see a pair of disco pants from the 70s!! (in the UK known as "flares" from flared trousers!) :lol:

"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender!"

Winston Churchill

" Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans."

John Winston Lennon

donation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

I picked these up at the Hastings show with some other survival kit items. They are obviously WWII, 44 dated. But something tells me they are not US. Can anyone validate what these are and/or what they go to.

ojp4m1.jpg

Hi hawkdriver, possibility that they were issued to USAAF crews operating in the UK during WWII to comply with signalling requirements at UK airbases. I think that I may have a similar tin possibly holding six rounds and US manufacture, sorry I don't have it to hand to compare.

ken

Young enough to care and enjoy militaria - Old enough to remember as surplus

" Life's too short for reproductions "

Life is like a tank of gas, the closer you get to a quarter tank, the faster it goes 

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

Hi hawkdriver, possibility that they were issued to USAAF crews operating in the UK during WWII to comply with signalling requirements at UK airbases. I think that I may have a similar tin possibly holding six rounds and US manufacture, sorry I don't have it to hand to compare.

ken

Ken, any idea what they were fired out of? With the type of gun, it might be easier to track down if your theory is correct.

Ian, there you go again, you Brits polluting and ruining a perfectly good language! ;)

Visit my eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/crustyw4scorner/

35lyhcy.gif2d29461.gifixd2rm.gif

Ken, any idea what they were fired out of? With the type of gun, it might be easier to track down if your theory is correct.

Ian, there you go again, you Brits polluting and ruining a perfectly good language! ;)

Very Pistols

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.