Rare? Definitely Uncommon...

swag

Thanks to phantomfixer for putting me on the right path. Searching the internet tonight watching Patsy Kline and waiting for Roy Orbison's Black and White, I discovered this thread. Hoping that someone may be able to positively ID this tool for me.

Thanks, Al

More pics to follow.

post-12790-0-42590300-1489026578_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

The "Dux-All" wrenches are also used to arm the MK25 air dropped sea flares, that's what we used them for anyway.

• 1 year later...
phantomfixer

here are a few cam lock tools...the first, on left is WWII I think, PN SAAD 41-149, not sure of the middle one, and the far right, I carried in Germany on F-4Es... CTK marked for box 66...wonder if they want it back....

I have heard them called mickey mouse tools by the WWII vets and snoopy tools by the 60s and later vets...we always called them snoopy tools

would like to see more if you have them...unit marked etc

on F-4s, most of the under belly access panels were cam locks...during engine start, each engine had two panels lowered...one for the air hose to turn the engine over and one for the exhaust for the air start motor...

the LOX panel #16 was a cam lock panel...hydraulic service panel #23 was cam lock also...

F-16s did not have cam lock panels...I am thinking the F-15 might have been the last jet fighter to use Cam locks??

post-155518-0-39681600-1532519858_thumb.jpg

That middle one looks like the Duz All Flight Wrench. And what in the heck man! that right snoopy tool is box marked and they didn't shut down air ops when it was missing from that box! haha.

I have a Duz All and then a couple of the snoopy tools like it the very first post which are like 80s-early 90s era ones and one of mine is marked to an IL ARNG AASF (Army Aviation Support Facility). Think most people use Gerber tools these days for the Army world. Seems like with what others said, once the Huey went away so did Snoopy. Snoopy tool can be handy in an A&P tool box.

phantomfixer

The flight wrench...from what I have read is mainly for over the wing tank caps...a flat blade will swivel out to pry the lock handle up and the opposite side of the tool to twist the cap off....we just used a big flat head for the wing tanks...

yep, still useful if working the line

r we the only wing nuts???

Steindaddie

The "Duz-all" flight wrench was known, during my time on T-33's, as the "T-Bird Tool." That might have been just a local name (Eielson AFB), but no matter what its nickname, it was a handy device for the reasons already stated by others.

We also figured it would come in pretty handy during a saloon brawl.