Indiana Fake Flight Nurses - ebay IndyEstateSales

Paul S

That id has been pumping out crap for months. Just take a look at the feedback section. Yikes, all those people who don't have a clue that they bought junk. I feel bad for them. I'm kind of wondering if this is the new id for he who shall not be named.

Yes, it's the one who shall not be named...the Fortville Flash. Sold some rare Polish badges some months back, mostly going to Europe (looked like "museum quality reproductions", but not so described). No wonder Americans aren't too well received in many places abroad.

That id has been pumping out crap for months. Just take a look at the feedback section. Yikes, all those people who don't have a clue that they bought junk. I feel bad for them. I'm kind of wondering if this is the new id for he who shall not be named.

:fear: It's alive! It's alive! :fear:

Yep, it's the same. He slithered out from under its rock last spring with a different id.

post-4542-1331960160.jpg

Mission complete. $232 for the pair.

Interesting thing was that I couldn't enlarge the pictures in eBay nor place them on my watch list. No problem with other listings. Shucks, I'm probably a blocked bidder. Tears me up.

post-3515-1332124184.jpg

Collector Greg
Mission complete. $232 for the pair.

Interesting thing was that I couldn't enlarge the pictures in eBay nor place them on my watch list. No problem with other listings. Shucks, I'm probably a blocked bidder. Tears me up.

Joe did well on those didn't he!

who is the guy??? :think:

You can do a search and read some of the old threads.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...25&hl=joe+w

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...23&hl=joe+w

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...24&hl=joe+w

While I have heard that this particualr Wing Collecting forum is often seen as one of the "quieter" forums and can go for months without any moderator oversight or mediation, we haven't ALWAYS been well behaved.

Joe *************** was a member on this forum until he got banned a year or two ago. He has a very active Ebay and internet business where he produces "museum quality" cast reproductions of rare wings (a search of ebay will ofter turn up a dozen or two of his products). Not to reopon old wounds or ignite the same old discussion (again, you can search the forum for past threads), there is always a balance between the collectors and their concern with "fakes/reproductions/recastings/museum quality space fillers" and the dealers who make and/or sell them, and that is what this thread is discussing.

It being a free country and all that, I expect that collectors of any stripe will simply have to take responsbility for what they spend their money on, become educated as to the pitfalls in the field, and protect themselves. Still, as a forum of collectors, the discussion often turns to guys like Joe, his wares, and the venues that they show up within. I don't think it is unfair or unreasonable topic of discussion--that in the past became rather heated. As for myself, I try to find the benefit of Joe's business and use it as a method to study reproductions and castings of wings. Often times, its not just enough to know what is "good" but also to understand what is wrong with a wing before you buy it.

Patrick