U.S. NAVY SHIP TABS/ROCKERS/ARC/UIMS

miner-al

In the past few months, I've added some really rare Navy Ship tabs to my collections. I had posted a picture a while ago of some of them. Since that picture, I've added a bunch more. Most of the ships here went out of commision in the late 1950' and '60's. Some of the tabs have names of ships that never were. Examples of that are USS MOUNT, USS PERTH, USS COP, and several others. Some are tabs that were done in error. There are a few that were altered by some industrious sailors to fit a ship that there were no tabs ever made. Examples of that are the USS HANN, which probably was a USS HANNA, and the USS PERTH. There was an Australian ship named PERTH, but not a U.S. Someone had tediously picked out the 'C' from the USS PERCH, and stitched in a 'T'. The tab "USS COP" might have been the musings of the person embroidering the tabs. It hasn't been tampered with, but obviously embroidered that way. Just another cool oddity for the collection. You just never know what you're going to come up with in the next find!!! Enjoy the pics!

ONCE AGAIN, IF ANYONE ON THIS FORUM HAS ANY OLD NAVY SHIP TABS THEY'D LIKE TO PART WITH, FOR FREE, OR FOR CASH, DON'T HESITATE TO CONTACT ME. I STILL NEED ABOUT ANOTHER 250 +/-

post-41963-1331770047.jpg

Very impressive. I notice there is a "Blue Angels" in your collection. I have never seen one of those. Very nice !!

Chris

Very impressive. I notice there is a "Blue Angels" in your collection. I have never seen one of those. Very nice !!

Chris

Thanks! I knew they existed, it just took me 25+ years to find one! :-)))

• 7 months later...

I just Bought a collection with a few dozen tabs in it. I will upload photos so you can tell me if there are any good ones in the bunch.

Ahoy there Matey! I just got back electricity after 13 days due to the Sandy hurricane. I'm very interested in your posting. It looks as though I may have all the ship tabs that I can see in your photo, although I do collect all variations of any tab that I can find. If possible, maybe you can send me some better photos to my email address so I can see any differences. Submarine tabs are always more desired that most others, followed by warships. I have in my collection close to 1500 different ships, all dating before 1976. Including all variations of those 1500, I have close to 3100. I'm still looking for about another 225 ships I don't have at all.

I'm also interested that you're looking for pre-1948 rating badges, and you mentioned Corpsman. My first hitch in the USN was as a Corpsman, and I did a year with the 1st MarDiv in RVN. I have a lot of rating badges available, in White,Blue,Green,Gray and Khaki and many HM/Pharmacistmate rating badges also. I'll send you my email address in a message directly to you. Hope to hear from you soon! Take care!

Best, Al