Colonel Keller's Legion of Merit

manayunkman

manayunkman

I have had this for so long I can't remember when. But I do remember getting this group from the Colonel's son.

The Supreme HQ shield did not come with this group but was bought the same day.

Keller served in the 310 Artillery in WW1 and became an officer in same unit after the war. He served in WW2 when he earned the LOM.

post-51189-1331677590.jpg

BigJohn#3RD

manayunkman,

Very nice LOM and great background, it is always nice to be able to attribute a medal to a specific service member. Thanks for sharing.

John

manayunkman
manayunkman,

Very nice LOM and great background, it is always nice to be able to attribute a medal to a specific service member. Thanks for sharing.

John

John,

You are most welcome.

M

manayunkman
Definately not a run of the mill LoM citation there - pretty unique.

NIce find!

MW

I've always been intrigued by the citation. Been trying to wrap my head around what his function was. Applying new Technology to military strategy ??

dave peifer

you got me on civilian economic warfare intel........the only thing i can think of is the work up on the enemys economic situation during a state of war.sounds like a type of counter intel where you could strike at an enemys economic strong points,and grinding down a populations support for an enemy cause..........dave

• 2 weeks later...
manayunkman
you got me on civilian economic warfare intel........the only thing i can think of is the work up on the enemys economic situation during a state of war.sounds like a type of counter intel where you could strike at an enemys economic strong points,and grinding down a populations support for an enemy cause..........dave

He devised a plan to wage economic warfare on the enemy population. This in turn would ware down public support for the war. A form of psychological warfare.

He devised a plan to wage economic warfare on the enemy population. This in turn would ware down public support for the war. A form of psychological warfare.

My take on "psychological warfare" is......kill enough of the bastards, and they won't want to fight!! :w00t:

manayunkman
My take on "psychological warfare" is......kill enough of the bastards, and they won't want to fight!! :w00t:

Or there are none left to fight.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 years later...
manayunkman

This was a yard sale find from the annual Allendale Pa. neighborhood sale every June 1st.

The main reason I never made it to the Reading Air Show.