Lets see your Bullion Patches!

CNY Militaria

What is at the top of that 35th Division SSI?

You have some GORGEOUS patches in those cases!

Allan

hi allan thanks im proud of my patches

the 35th is the only fake that i have in my casses because this case is old and i must do it out

it is a pakistani repro but not with the blackback it is with whiteback and it satns over there 35th division

regards

post-391-1198418806.jpg

Aloha,

Your two Hawaiian tabbed patches are nice bullion variations for the "Hawaiian Cadre" I notice that you placed them together with your other Divisional patches and is a commonly mistaken to be a variant of the 24th Infantry Division. The "Hawaiian Cadre" was formed when the War Department consolidated the 298th and 299th Infantry Regiments here in Hawaii during WWII. When the Cadre was sent to the Continental U.S. for training the Armed Services was still racially segregated and the "Haole Officers" (White Officers) foreseen a problem since most of the local boys in the newly formed unit were darked skinned. The native Hawaiian's in Cadre also looked like Negros so as you can image the racial slurs were strong and fights did brake out between the white soldiers and the local Hawaiians at Camp MacCall in North Carolina during 1943. The attempt with the tab above the patch was to separate these local Hawaiian boys from being msitaken as Negros and treated as such but bigotry got the best of the situation and the War Department decided it would be best to disband the "Hawaiian Cadre" in 1944. The "Local Boyz" were plugged into units throughout the world in the different theatre of operations and this is why there are some many different theatre made "Hawaiian Cadre" patches floating around in the collecting circles. Unfortunately, do to its strikingly similar appearence of the 24th Division it was mis-identified by the earlier patch collectors and ID in those first patch collector books as such. So this might help you decide where you want to place them patches in your collection in the future or use them as good trade bait for other Divisional SSI.

Mele Kalikimaka (Merry Christmas in Hawaiian)

Re: Hawaiian Cadre......... 54 years of collecting and I NEVER knew that. I rate your info as one of those "knowledge nuggets" that drops in your lap from nowhere. Thank you VERY much for this info!!! What a great Christmas present!!!

Dave,

What does the scroll read in the eagle's beak?

Bill

VIDEPIUS OMNIA - should probably read VIDEMUS OMNIA - "We See All" - which would be appropriate for a recon unit

Re: Hawaiian Cadre......... 54 years of collecting and I NEVER knew that. I rate your info as one of those "knowledge nuggets" that drops in your lap from nowhere. Thank you VERY much for this info!!! What a great Christmas present!!!

If you liked this "nugget" you should read some of the articles he has written on units that served in the HD. If he isn't the preeiminent author on the subject, I don't know who is. One of his articles is on the non-members side of the ASMIC web site (use the Trading Post link) - http://www.asmic.org

He is also sharing his expertise on USAFIK - UA Army Forces in Korea (between the end of WW II and the start of the KW). Outstanding material!

Aloha,

Your two Hawaiian tabbed patches are nice bullion variations for the "Hawaiian Cadre" I notice that you placed them together with your other Divisional patches and is a commonly mistaken to be a variant of the 24th Infantry Division. The "Hawaiian Cadre" was formed when the War Department consolidated the 298th and 299th Infantry Regiments here in Hawaii during WWII. When the Cadre was sent to the Continental U.S. for training the Armed Services was still racially segregated and the "Haole Officers" (White Officers) foreseen a problem since most of the local boys in the newly formed unit were darked skinned. The native Hawaiian's in Cadre also looked like Negros so as you can image the racial slurs were strong and fights did brake out between the white soldiers and the local Hawaiians at Camp MacCall in North Carolina during 1943. The attempt with the tab above the patch was to separate these local Hawaiian boys from being msitaken as Negros and treated as such but bigotry got the best of the situation and the War Department decided it would be best to disband the "Hawaiian Cadre" in 1944. The "Local Boyz" were plugged into units throughout the world in the different theatre of operations and this is why there are some many different theatre made "Hawaiian Cadre" patches floating around in the collecting circles. Unfortunately, do to its strikingly similar appearence of the 24th Division it was mis-identified by the earlier patch collectors and ID in those first patch collector books as such. So this might help you decide where you want to place them patches in your collection in the future or use them as good trade bait for other Divisional SSI.

Mele Kalikimaka (Merry Christmas in Hawaiian)

hi many thanks

i know this i have read an article in asmic about that many thanks

i have not sorted the patches in my casses i have done only the bullions inside that i have new become

they all not sorted about divisions or so!

merry chrismas

Really great patches Jürgen thumbsup.gif

It's even more impressive to see them in real life.

Regards,

Stephan

then you must come for an coffe and some christmas cookies to me and visit me

see you thumbsup.gif