Show your Engraved canteens, mess kits & other

teufelhund

BigJohn#3RD

Here is a Canteen that I picked up at a gun show a couple of weeks back. It looks like it is a Northern Russia Vets job, I like it being made into a lamp.

Regards,

John

post-5224-1270003281.jpg

post-5224-1270003303.jpg

Just found this WWI mess kit with soldier art ID'd to Chaplain Linley. A little research found that this belonged to 1st Lt. Philip Henry Linley who was part of the Wisconsin National Guard in 1917 when his unit was Federalized as part of the 32nd Infantry Division. Chaplain Linley returned from the Great War and went on to pastor in Eau Claire, Wisconsin at Christ Church Cathedral(Episcopal) until he passed away unexpectedly in 1923.

The cover on this mess kit was corroded shut and took some determination on my part to get it open but, the surprise was found on the inside lid, a list of all the places Chaplain Linley had been while part of the AEF.

post_1726_1267577640.jpg

post_1726_1267577319.jpg

Belleauwood
Oh sure Dennis, bring one out in full color just to make us all jealous. :jeal0001:

;)

Just an ol'e Louisiana boy tryin' to keep up with you northern boys.

DJ

• 3 months later...

What do you think about this one? It is a 1942 dated TACU Co. canteen. It came with a canteen cover from G & R Co. dated 1944 and a cup dated 1944 by maker S.M.CO. The veteran who carried this passed away in 1995.

post-6880-1278635356.jpg

post-6880-1278635369.jpg

I was watchin that on Ebay... nice canteen.

I bought it! Even nicer that the seller shared some information about his wife's relative who carried this canteen. I'm adding it to my cup also bought as part of a lot on eBay for $27.00.

post-6880-1278674450.jpg

• 7 months later...

Some more of my collection

Just purchased at 2011 SOS, 66th Engineers Company Canteen. I am not sure of the Insignia on the top.

Top.

post-5367-1299639234.jpg

When I see these I'm almost tempted to collect trench art instead of helmets... almost. ;)