Show your Engraved canteens, mess kits & other

teufelhund

M1910 Cup: "J. Arko Okinawa; April First 1945". He has a bunch of other stuff ("Camp Perry, Ohio", "Hawaii", etc.) on there as well, but this photo was an experiment to see how this piece would photograph-Sorry!

post-3226-1299741332.jpeg

Another M1910, part of a W.W.I grouping I was blessed with from Manion's many years ago:

post-3226-1299741571.jpeg

• 1 month later...

I finally get to post a picture in this thread! Although this in no Monet, it has some character to it. Its a WWI mess kit with 1933 enscribed on it.

608abff4.jpg

d6d44676.jpg

804c9ea4.jpg

73156c68.jpg

1865aa49.jpg

Thanks,

M1barker

• 4 months later...

Very cool addition Travis, I may even give up collecting helmets and start on trench art like this... well, probably not but, I still like these engraved mess kits!

• 6 months later...
AAF_Collection

I thought others might like to see this cup I've had for ages,can't remember where it came from but probably ebay.

Engraved on one side Ward S.Coates 39860213 Phoenix Arizona U.S.A. along with Cactus and on the other side Palm Trees and...

Ono Bay New Guinea Nov."44"

Bougainville Dec."44"

Luzon P.I.-Manila "45".

The cup itself is marked AGM co.1918

SDC15192.jpg

SDC15189.jpg

SDC15190.jpg

I found His Enlistment Record at NARA but have done no further research.

Matt.

I thought others might like to see this cup I've had for ages,can't remember where it came from but probably ebay.

Engraved on one side Ward S.Coates 39860213 Phoenix Arizona U.S.A. along with Cactus and on the other side Palm Trees and...

Ono Bay New Guinea Nov."44"

Bougainville Dec."44"

Luzon P.I.-Manila "45".

The cup itself is marked AGM co.1918

I found His Enlistment Record at NARA but have done no further research.

Matt.

These things are so cool that if it weren't that I collect helmets and ID'd uniforms, I'd probably collect these. The fact that I don't will make my son(trench art collector) very happy since we don't have to compete. :lol:

Here is my one and only engraved piece. Judging by the name, dates and locations I believe that the owner was an Army Nurse.

post-2843-1331320844.jpg

post-2843-1331320863.jpg

• 1 year later...

This is a World War I “diary” mess kit.

The lid includes the soldiers name and all of his stateside and overseas assignments during the War. The bottom of the mess kit is engraved with Lady Liberty with his unit designation on a banner.

This is identified to Romeo Tognazzini of Battery. F 47th Coastal Artillery Corps.

Grouping includes his dog tags. What really makes this special is that the soldier stamped all of the pieces with his Army Service number.

Scott

post-124583-0-92823400-1379620317.jpg

post-124583-0-28258100-1379620343.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...