Replacing a missing PH case...

AAF_Collection

AAF_Collection

This is not strictly a preservation question but this seemed like the best place for it. I have a KIA AAF Purple Heart grouping which I bought from a dealer in the UK over ten years ago,the dealer had bought a collection of AAF KIA medal groups. This group came with no research but I have since turned up lots of info,MACR etc.

Now here's the question,the officially named Purple Heart and Air Medal came without cases but the PH had the ribbon bar and lapel pin,my suspicion is a previous collector rather than the family has removed the medals from the cases to frame them and I'm debating whether to find replacement cases for the Purple Heart and Air Medal or leave them as they are and I'm interested to hear others opinions on this.

Thanks,

Matt.

Do what YOU want.

If you want it in a case, just buy a period case. It's done all the time and there are plenty available on eBay.

Replace the cases with correct period cases and no one will know....(unless they read this thread)!! :lol:

Agreed

Ribbons are replaced on uniforms all the time.Why not medal cases for medals??Cases are pretty generic and commonly found.

I bought one of the $3 empty air medal cases at the SoS this year (a dealer had a couple hundred of them) because I had a lose air medal. I don't see any reason to not place them in a case.