A Work in Progress

Retired

Here is the third view. This model is extremely detailed and has almost all of the items found on the real vehicle.

Last view. I may take a break before beginning the trailer but will eventually finish the whole vehicle.

post-264-1335033121.jpg

Great job...and a fine lookin' piece even without its trailer! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words. I thought that it was a pretty good job for someone almost 82 years young.

Retired

Thanks for the kind words. I thought that it was a pretty good job for someone almost 82 years young.

Retired

Absolutely!! :twothumbup:

The Meatcan

Retired, that's looking very cool! That really captures the look of the full-scale rig. It's going to look awesome when you attach that trailer and get them both weathered up :thumbsup:

excellent work!

Terry

dave peifer

Retired

yes i agree great work..........and thanks,that makes me feel young again :lol: dave

• 4 months later...

Retired

yes i agree great work..........and thanks,that makes me feel young again :lol: dave

Here are some views of the trailer as a work in progress. This is the front section.

post-264-1346962546.jpg

Retired

Here are some views of the trailer as a work in progress. This is the front section.

Here is another view of the front section.

post-264-1346962830.jpg

Retired

Here is the under view of the main trailer body. This is a really complicated model.

post-264-1346962961.jpg

Retired

Here is the under view of the main trailer body. This is a really complicated model.

Another view of the underside.

post-264-1346963027.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

After looking at the last photo, I realized that the front tires on the trailer were not touching the base. The sets of wheels are independently suspended. Here is a second photo with all of the wheels down. In setting up for this photo, I accidentally knocked one of the antennas off of the tank. I didn't take time to re-attach it until after finishing the photo session. It is now back where it belongs.

post-264-0-84561400-1353880329_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 9 years later...