Reproduction US Navy Canvas Hammocks

1917Corpsman

1917Corpsman

Hello All,

I'm making some reproduction hammocks for the living history community. I've found 14 people interested so far in them. They measure 72 inches in length by 48 inches wide to fit the modern man's girth. The nettles and clews a made up of 5/16" hemp rope and the mounting ring comes with a 20 foot lanyard for lashing the hammock. Most of these hammocks are for the living history crew of the USS Olympia and some are going to be aboard the USS Texas. If any others are interested you can PM me.

Thanks,

Richard

• 4 weeks later...
home_wood_ave
Hello All,

I'm making some reproduction hammocks for the living history community. I've found 14 people interested so far in them. They measure 72 inches in length by 48 inches wide to fit the modern man's girth. The nettles and clews a made up of 5/16" hemp rope and the mounting ring comes with a 20 foot lanyard for lashing the hammock. Most of these hammocks are for the living history crew of the USS Olympia and some are going to be aboard the USS Texas. If any others are interested you can PM me.

Thanks,

Richard

home_wood_ave

HI-I WOULD BE INTERESTED IF THE PRICE IS REASONABLE! COULD YOU TELL ME WHAT WEIGHT CANVAS YOU'RE USING?

1917Corpsman
HI-I WOULD BE INTERESTED IF THE PRICE IS REASONABLE! COULD YOU TELL ME WHAT WEIGHT CANVAS YOU'RE USING?

24 oz No. 4 canvas. I am currently reproducing four of them for the USS Olympia for their living history crew. Nettles and clews are made from actual hemp. No. 4 brass grommets are also used and have twelve on each end. 1898 style I'll use six lines 1.5 fathom long and the WWI versions I use a single line and macrame the clew with spare line on each end.

Rick

• 3 years later...