"Red Tails" / Tuskegee P-51

Sabrejet

Nice print, Ian. Thanks for posting it!

I was honored to meet Lt. Col. Leo Gray at the SOS this year. He was seated beside Lt. Col. James Warren, who I also talked to. I thought it was interesting that Lt. Col. Gray made it a point to tell me that "All Red Tails were Tuskegee Airmen, but not all Tuskegee Airmen are Red Tails!" ;)

Of course, Lt. Col. Warren was not a Red Tail but was a Tuskegee Airman navigator/bombardier involved in the Freeman Field Mutiny. Warren also served in Korea and Vietnam. It was great to meet them and the other vets at the SOS!

Kevin

Cobrahistorian

Very cool, Ian! (and thanks for that other link, I'm watching it now)

My 3 year old son has an Ernie Boyette print of Lee Archer's "Ina the Macon Belle" hanging in his room that Colonel Archer personally signed for me. It's one of my favorite pieces.

Jon

Roger that Jon! :thumbsup:

BTW...you will have noticed that the seller wrongly describes it as a "P-41"!!? :o

Ian,

I had the pleasure of meeting one of these Tuskegee Flyers about three or four years ago at a CMA Airshow in California. Quite an impresssive bunch of Flyers. The new movie that came out about the Tuskegee Airmen a couple months back is worth seeing. If all is 100% on that picture, it should sell for a good some of $$. But I'm sure you would have to have all the signatures authenticated first. :think:

Sal

Ian,

I had the pleasure of meeting one of these Tuskegee Flyers about three or four years ago at a CMA Airshow in California. Quite an impresssive bunch of Flyers. The new movie that came out about the Tuskegee Airmen a couple months back is worth seeing. If all is 100% on that picture, it should sell for a good some of $$. But I'm sure you would have to have all the signatures authenticated first. :think:

Sal

I'm still waiting patiently for the UK release of that movie Sal. Still no date set, as far as I'm aware? As for that print, it's being sold by a major antiques business based in Portsmouth navy yard, so I wouldn't have thought provenance would be a problem as they have their reputation to consider!

I'm still waiting patiently for the UK release of that movie Sal. Still no date set, as far as I'm aware? As for that print, it's being sold by a major antiques business based in Portsmouth navy yard, so I wouldn't have thought provenance would be a problem as they have their reputation to consider!

Ya, I guess your right about that. Buy the way, when they set a date to release the movie go and see it. You'll enjoy it as I did.

Sal

post-10083-1331228601.jpg

History Man

My dad and I were going to go see it but missed it by a day :pinch: I heard it was a great movie so I will have to rent it when it comes out.

Philip