Airborne and Special Operations Museum

caseloadr

I just returned from visiting my son at Ft Bragg in Fayetteville NC and he took us to The Airborne and Special Operations Museum . I really liked it to say the least. Good displays and story line , in a well thought manner . It gives the story of both Airborne and Special Operations beginnings and history. They have a small exhibit of POW and MIA , that gives more information on Special Forces POW and MIA than other museums I have been to. Also in another building across the parking lot is the North Carolina Veterans Memorial . It has a small artistic park and small building with displays . My son and both were blown away by one display , from the interior hanging down was large number of dogtags hanging in a hard to describe display . Also under the that display was another that had dog tags with all of the North Carolina losses from WW2 to the current with the names of those lost wriiten on the tags.

The Museum is

100 Bragg Blvd

Fayetteville , NC 28301 910-643-2773

www.asomf.org

They also have a nice gift shop and large screen movie and motion simulator that I didn't do due to time .

• 2 weeks later...
I just returned from visiting my son at Ft Bragg in Fayetteville NC and he took us to The Airborne and Special Operations Museum . I really liked it to say the least. Good displays and story line , in a well thought manner . It gives the story of both Airborne and Special Operations beginnings and history. They have a small exhibit of POW and MIA , that gives more information on Special Forces POW and MIA than other museums I have been to. Also in another building across the parking lot is the North Carolina Veterans Memorial . It has a small artistic park and small building with displays . My son and both were blown away by one display , from the interior hanging down was large number of dogtags hanging in a hard to describe display . Also under the that display was another that had dog tags with all of the North Carolina losses from WW2 to the current with the names of those lost wriiten on the tags.

The Museum is

100 Bragg Blvd

Fayetteville , NC 28301 910-643-2773

www.asomf.org

They also have a nice gift shop and large screen movie and motion simulator that I didn't do due to time .

To add another thought to this--I saw this museum in February, and was really impressed. No admission charged, donations accepted. This museum was one of the rare ones that will appeal to a serious collector/history nerd and still hold the attention of a wife or kids who might only grudgingly go with dad. There was enough detail so to be informative but not so much that it took forever to slog thru a display. We also had to run thru so I could get to the airport but next month when I'm there, I hope there's time to go back.

Steph