Would the EGA collectors like to organize a meeting/show?

donation2012.gifdonation2014.gif

donation2017.gif

Not in the realm of possibilities for me, as a I own service / retail biz and I'm into it literally 24/7... (another words, don't start a biz, if you want a life)

The bended knee is not a tradition of our Corps. (General A. A. Vandegrift, USMC, 5 May 1946)

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Interesting topic.... but your question is pretty broad...show or meeting? Two vastly different things. Think the collector realm for EGAs is too small for any show just for EGAs. A meeting maybe, but a meeting to do what exactly? You can all come to my house. I live in Afghanistan at the moment.

S/F,

Mike

Mike Manifor
Buying and selling Military Antiques. Specializing in hat and collar insignia (EGAs) of the USMC.
Top dollar paid.
info@eagleglobeandanchor.com
My website:www.eagleglobeandanchor.com

Visit my EGA reference section: http://www.eagleglobeandanchor.com/EGA_Reference_Section.html

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

Interesting topic.... but your question is pretty broad...show or meeting? Two vastly different things. Think the collector realm for EGAs is too small for any show just for EGAs. A meeting maybe, but a meeting to do what exactly? You can all come to my house. I live in Afghanistan at the moment.

S/F,

Mike

Meeting was my intent. I don't have a Passport. :w00t:

donation2017.gif

There seems to be alot of EGA collectors stationed in Afganistan.Thank you for your service.

donation2017.gif

The first annual meeting will go in NW Florida as soon as Mike and Brig get back. Lets say Pensacola Summer or Fall 2012.

I propose August since the weather is so pleasent here that time of year.

I will also get every one free passes to the museum of Naval Aviation. (Note it is always free anyway).

Ok, Al joking aside. If there is really enough of an interest in doing this, we could do an annual meeting and move it across the country to accomodate those that live around the states. Every three years swap it around: One east coast one west coast and one Central. This could be done around the same time (day prior) as some of the bigger shows.

The West coast has the show at the pamona fairgrounds twice a year, there is the SOS, and not sure what the east coast show would be, but I am sure someone will chime in with that possibility.

We could even come up with a novel name like the EGA Collectors club

Just some thoughts by someone who needs more sleep.

If any one was really interested I woud host one here in NW Florida, but you guys would really have to like the Red Neck riviera.

S/F

John

Wanted: USMC Helicopter related items

Collector of Marine Corps Helicopter / Rotary aviation items from the late 1940s to present

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

I'd be willing to honcho a west coast meeting before or during Pomona. I will be around SoCal for a couple more years, at least. Might be a way to match some of my few hundred single collar devices.

Another idea is a newsletter... monthly, quarterly, bi-annual, or annual...

Mike Manifor
Buying and selling Military Antiques. Specializing in hat and collar insignia (EGAs) of the USMC.
Top dollar paid.
info@eagleglobeandanchor.com
My website:www.eagleglobeandanchor.com

Visit my EGA reference section: http://www.eagleglobeandanchor.com/EGA_Reference_Section.html

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

All good ideas. I think there is enough interest from what I can see. Count me in as well. I can host a NorCal venue if ever desired. Some ideas are Marines Memorial club in San Fran, etc. We could make a weekend out of it, where along the lines of a Company of Military Historians meeting/convention, we could do a display/swap, lecture schedule of members speaking on a chosen topic, and seeing local military sites, forts, etc. I think you guys are on to something......count me in.

LEATHERNECK72

Advanced Collector and USMC Officer --- Paying top dollar for quality Marine Corps antiques. Kepis, shakos, helmets, hats, good conduct medals, old photos, fighting knives, hat and collar emblems, swords, guns, documents. Keep your USMC item in a Marine Corps family! Send me a PM and let me know what you have....

donation2014.gif

I don't really collect EGA's, but I have been in contact with a number of you for years that do, and would be happy to host an east coast gathering...which would have to include the Marine Corps Museum and then lunch or dinner at the Globe and Laurel (for those that know what that place is and its unique customer base).

Always looking for items associated with the China Marines! Visit chinamarine.org

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

You can all come to my house. I live in Afghanistan at the moment.

S/F,

Mike

count me in :thumbsup:

-Brig
GySgt/USMC/0369
RSU-Quantico

"FOR OUR TOMORROWS, THEY GAVE THEIR TODAYS"
RIP
Sgt Jesse 'Jeff Nasty' Balthaser
Sgt John P Huling
Cpl Carlos 'Gilo Monster' Gilorozco
Cpl Stephen C 'Socks' Sockalosky
LCpl Joshua A 'Scottie' Scott
LCpl Jason Lee 'Birdman' Frye
LCpl Nicolas B Morrison
LCpl Jon T Hicks
LCpl Osbrany 'Oz' Montes De Oca
Pvt Lewis T D Calapini
'The SOI 5'