Commonwealth War Graves

benguttery

The British have cemeteries of their war dead across the globe. There are a dozen or so men here in Fort Worth who died while in training during 1918. These cemeteries are managed by the Commonwealth War Graves Commission to this day.

Unfortunately, the ongoing trouble in the middle east has desecrated the final resting place of many Desert Rats who fought in North Africa in WW2. Here is the news story...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-21...yan-rebels.html

The footage shown on the BBC news was disgusting. They put it down to Islamic Militant's. You could see them kicking the headstones over and Christian dogs was mentioned.

At least under Ghadaffi they were protected.

*ucking cowards !!!!!!

I have no words for this .... it's a sad world we are living in, that's all I have to say.

Erwin

I do but you can't post them here.Sad,very sad.

First of all, my condolences go out to Great Britain, as this certainly is a national tragedy.

Let this serve as a sobering reminder of what animals we are dealing with. :mad:

Ignorant, cowardly, scumbags! I would like to see the SAS boys deal with these idiots when they are rounded up. The cemetery should be restored ASAP and armed guards placed there 24/7 to "deal' with any further attempts. Another lesson to be learned when dealing with the ME extremists. My 2-cents! Bobgee

In England if we said anything about the scumbags we would probably be arrested for being racist.

Amen brother. The pendulum of "positive discrimination" has swung too far the other way!

Bollocks...

I'm third generation English-American so this really gets me upset. Good chance that I might have relatives buried there, I'd love to find out. Not certain what I can say now without regretting later, so I will just record my disgust and leave it at that.

Mark

Maybe we should burn a few Libyan flags outside their embassy? No...wait a minute...that would probably be construed as "public disorder". And yet....these Islamic scumbags can seemingly burn the UK and US flags with impunity. Am I angry?! Hell yes!!

Back in the days of the British Empire this would have resulted in the locals learning some respect. They would have got the "point".

That point would have been the sharp end of some Sheffield steel. The order to Fix Bayonets would have left them in no doubt of how we intended to pay them back.

Our ancestors would turn in their grave at how civilised the world has become. We even get told what to do in our own country !

It's about time we showed these people just how we spread the English language across the globe.

Rich

Back in the days of the British Empire this would have resulted in the locals learning some respect. They would have got the "point".

That point would have been the sharp end of some Sheffield steel. The order to Fix Bayonets would have left them in no doubt of how we intended to pay them back.

Our ancestors would turn in their grave at how civilised the world has become. We even get told what to do in our own country !

It's about time we showed these people just how we spread the English language across the globe.

Rich

Well said. They do what they do because they know that we won't do anything about it. Enough is enough.

Just to let you know that it happens here also!

Bushnell, Florida -- Sumter deputies are investigating a case of vandalism at a Bushnell cemetery.

Investigators say several headstones were pushed over or dug out at the Florida National Cemetery, located at 6502 SW 102nd Avenue in Bushnell. The disturbed graves were located in two sections in the southwest corner of the cemetery.

Detectives are investigating the case as a hate crime, because all of the headstones involved were engraved with the Star of David.

Photo Gallery: Vandals knock over headstones to Jewish graves

Anyone with information about the case is asked to contact the Sumter County Sheriff's Office Criminal Investigations Division Detective Brian Wilson at 352-569-1616 or Crimeline at 1-800-423-TIPS.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/article/242868/25...ted-in-Bushnell

Bill

Just to let you know that it happens here also!

Bushnell, Florida -- Sumter deputies are investigating a case of vandalism at a Bushnell cemetery.

Investigators say several headstones were pushed over or dug out at the Florida National Cemetery, located at 6502 SW 102nd Avenue in Bushnell. The disturbed graves were located in two sections in the southwest corner of the cemetery.

Detectives are investigating the case as a hate crime, because all of the headstones involved were engraved with the Star of David.

Photo Gallery: Vandals knock over headstones to Jewish graves

Anyone with information about the case is asked to contact the Sumter County Sheriff's Office Criminal Investigations Division Detective Brian Wilson at 352-569-1616 or Crimeline at 1-800-423-TIPS.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/article/242868/25...ted-in-Bushnell

Bill

Outrageous! British graves bearing the Star of David also came in from some particularly harsh treatment from the Libyan scumbags!

It's funny how this hasn't received more media coverage than what it has. If these were Muslim graves that were vandalized, every news agency in the world would be covering it, every hour of every day. The President, of course, would be apologizing to the world, and more people would be killed in the name of "Allah".

It's funny how this hasn't received more media coverage than what it has. If these were Muslim graves that were vandalized, every news agency in the world would be covering it, every hour of every day. The President, of course, would be apologizing to the world, and more people would be killed in the name of "Allah".

Ain't that the truth! I don't know how much coverage this has received in the US media, but the interim Libyan authorities have publicly apologized to the families of the fallen and the UK government and have promised justice and restoration of the vandalized cemetery. We'll see.....

I won't hold my breath ... authorities, politicians ... a whole lot of "blablabla" and nothing else.

It's still unbelievable this has happened and my stomache turns every time I think of it.

I wonder what would happend if this had occured on a cemetery here in Europe.

I would volunteer to lead the hunting party to get those bastards!

Erwin (still very upset).

PS: I just remembered the brother of my British Veteran friend is buried there. :(

He was killed while serving in a Tank Regiment.

I can only hope those beasts did't touch his grave too ...

• 3 weeks later...
YankeeSpirit76

You might think that even those f****** animals would have some respect for the dead, but, because they aren't THEIR dead it is just fine to do this.

So sorry to all our friends in the UK. :(