Public Safety Advisor's Uniform

jason_w

Here are my CSDC items.

I was inspired by Valéry's article so much that when I was in Saigon in 2006 I specifically looked up NPFF items.

I also have a boonie hat (most likely modern made) and about 3 time this number of photographs.

Finding photos was one of the most rewarding parts of my trip.

I came home with many Ranger, Airborne and CSDC photos. I went from store to store asking in broken Vietnamese-English.

"Chao em. Pictures Viet Nam Cong Hoa?" Bad language skills but it got results.

The shirt is in the US jungle uniform cut and the beret is made from a print variation.

uniforms148.jpg

uniforms150.jpg

Hello,

Nice finds in Saigon, but I have a serious doubt about the camo beret, I think it s modern made from old material. We see a lot of berets in same construction in Ebay every days. How much did you pay for the lot ?

Cheers

Here are my CSDC items.

I was inspired by Valéry's article so much that when I was in Saigon in 2006 I specifically looked up NPFF items.

I also have a boonie hat (most likely modern made) and about 3 time this number of photographs.

Finding photos was one of the most rewarding parts of my trip.

I came home with many Ranger, Airborne and CSDC photos. I went from store to store asking in broken Vietnamese-English.

"Chao em. Pictures Viet Nam Cong Hoa?" Bad language skills but it got results.

The shirt is in the US jungle uniform cut and the beret is made from a print variation.

uniforms148.jpg

uniforms150.jpg

G'day Copran,

you might be right about the beret. Though with most of the fake cammo berets in HCMC have old stitch lines in them where you can see that they were once something else. My CDSC beret is not like that. Though the fade of the cammo print did make me suspicious think.gif

I'll put up some closer pics of it soon. For you inspection.

IIRC the photos were $1 each.

The berets were $8 for the black one and $6 for the cammo one.

The shirt was $30

Leigh

nguoi tien su

Mr-X, is it possible to get a close up of the black beret???

You were lucky on your finds, but I share the same doubt as Copran. It seems to me that there is a stamp inside the camo one, with an "A" on the lower left corner which stands for Ao (shirt). So...

Since I have been here, I have never seen a beret for that price?!

As for the photos, they were a good deal too !

Cheers.

NTS

G'day Copran and Nguoi tien su.

My other half has my camera for the next few weeks.

I'll have to try to borrow a camera to take some close up pics of the cammo and the black beret.

The stamp inside the cammo beret is rather faded.

There is an A-5 in the lower LH corner. There is the month above the year in the lower RH corner.

The upper part is very hard to read.

I will bring my CSDC berets and pics to Paris when I meet Andrei and Valery, to see what the experts think. thumbsup.gif

Leigh

G'day Copran and Nguoi tien su.

My other half has my camera for the next few weeks.

I'll have to try to borrow a camera to take some close up pics of the cammo and the black beret.

The stamp inside the cammo beret is rather faded.

There is an A-5 in the lower LH corner. There is the month above the year in the lower RH corner.

The upper part is very hard to read.

I will bring my CSDC berets and pics to Paris when I meet Andrei and Valery, to see what the experts think. thumbsup.gif

Leigh

YOU ARE WELCOME IN PARIS MRX WITH PLEASURE TO MEET YOU WITH ANDREI AND VALERY (i can show you my modified 1st jungle jacket with zip pockets)

CHEERS JEROME

I will be happy to see you too Beogam thumbsup.gif , hard to meet us these last months ! Why not a meeting at home with the other mates?

Cheers

Valery

I will be happy to see you too Beogam thumbsup.gif , hard to meet us these last months ! Why not a meeting at home with the other mates?

Cheers

Valery

HI Valery no problems but im not in Paris all w.end could you phone me because ils m ont coupez la ligne

A+ JEROME

Leigh,

After looking again and again to your black Field Police beret, many things seem suspicious to me:

- The beret is obiviously old, as the Tailor label, but the plastic diamond look too pristine to me, can you check whether the ink from the label was tranfered to the plastic (normally due to its age)

- The Tailor label HUNG DAO is one of the most faked for ARVN berets, when I was there, almost all the berets had this label or the label from CHieu Anh, the 2 only labels to be made in ordinary paper (the others were made in Golden paper, more difficult to copy).

- And of course, the price you paid, 16 usd for the good beret, in 2002, when I was there, I was offered a green beret (VNMC) that I though it was good, without flash, with several moth holes for 50 usd (1 million dong).

Of course, all are my own opinions, I wil try to make some close up of my CSDC beret to compare the embroided flash.

If you went to Paris, I'm also glad to see you, I was considering to go to Ciney show, but finally I canceled because of the fakes and repro there.

Cheers

G'day Copran,

you might be right about the beret. Though with most of the fake cammo berets in HCMC have old stitch lines in them where you can see that they were once something else. My CDSC beret is not like that. Though the fade of the cammo print did make me suspicious think.gif

I'll put up some closer pics of it soon. For you inspection.

IIRC the photos were $1 each.

The berets were $8 for the black one and $6 for the cammo one.

The shirt was $30

Leigh

hochiminhtrail

H Copran

how is Ciney do they sell a lot of vietnam items???

Alex

Leigh,

After looking again and again to your black Field Police beret, many things seem suspicious to me:

- The beret is obiviously old, as the Tailor label, but the plastic diamond look too pristine to me, can you check whether the ink from the label was tranfered to the plastic (normally due to its age)

- The Tailor label HUNG DAO is one of the most faked for ARVN berets, when I was there, almost all the berets had this label or the label from CHieu Anh, the 2 only labels to be made in ordinary paper (the others were made in Golden paper, more difficult to copy).

- And of course, the price you paid, 16 usd for the good beret, in 2002, when I was there, I was offered a green beret (VNMC) that I though it was good, without flash, with several moth holes for 50 usd (1 million dong).

Of course, all are my own opinions, I wil try to make some close up of my CSDC beret to compare the embroided flash.

If you went to Paris, I'm also glad to see you, I was considering to go to Ciney show, but finally I canceled because of the fakes and repro there.

Cheers

• 3 years later...

Are these the same patterns? The U.S. soldiers are from the 82nd Airborne and I believe the location is the Hoc Mon Bridge northwest of Saigon in 1969.

post-1761-1330198646.jpg

• 9 years later...

Hi, this one i had for a while. 

I think it’s private made by tailor (the pattern is quote different)

but overall, CSDC Cloud Camo

AC5AD3CC-867B-4CF3-8698-84901F869D29.jpeg