Pfc. Boyd B. Stanford

TrevorR

Thank you to Tarbridge, Mes, DevilDog34, and Kurt for all the information, and help you provided for me on the Purple Heart

Pfc. Boyd B. Stanford

Texax

Company C.

2nd Armored Amphibious Battalion

5th Marines

KIA 24 February 1945

Iwo Jima

Killed by shrapnel to the legs.

post-9451-1330806646.jpg

Kurt Barickman

Trevor,

Am copying the information that you requested on Monday and will send out. Have a photo of him in front of his LVT A and his crew. His nickname was TEX and he was killed by stepping on a landmine according to his shipmates.

Kurt

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
rsmartin75

Pfc. Boyd "Bun" Bunion Stanford was my great uncle. I have been looking for his Purple Heart to buy and give to my Dad. My Dad was born to Bun's sister, Audie Stanford, only a couple weeks before Bun was killed at Iwo Jima. Unfortunately, my grandmother Audie passed away last year. She is buried near Bun in Wolfe City, Texas. If anyone can help, that would be amazing. Thank you all so much.

• 2 years later...

Trevor,

Am copying the information that you requested on Monday and will send out. Have a photo of him in front of his LVT A and his crew. His nickname was TEX and he was killed by stepping on a landmine according to his shipmates.

Kurt

Hi Kurt,

Can you send me the photo you have of PFC Boyd Stanford in front of his LTV A? I have been looking for info on him for a while now. He was my great uncle.

Kurt Barickman

I no longer own the book that it came from. It was a very detailed battalion history about the unit. 2nd Armored Amphibian Tank Battalion,

Kurt

• 2 months later...
scottvanderkolk
On 3/2/2020 at 11:27 PM, rsmartin75 said:

Hi Kurt,

Can you send me the photo you have of PFC Boyd Stanford in front of his LTV A? I have been looking for info on him for a while now. He was my great uncle.

rsmartin75, I stumbled upon your post and have posted the picture that was mentioned. Also included one of the list of KIA/MIA for the battalion for Iwo.

46BD8443-09EC-4423-B156-8E4B8E9BF3EB.jpeg.09738421c89fd0ae421e5a758afb4688.jpegEE1F74D4-346F-4AEB-9360-EE54D506ADCD.jpeg.717de52993f8bdc8983d3452e3726032.jpeg