UNIS marked seabag, help needed with unit ID

nix284

I'm certainly no expert on UNIS markings, and this proves it. Recently aquired this seabag and despite searching, I can't figure out what the markings represent. Any help would be appreciated.

post-7589-1330756927.jpg

Without having my UNIS cheat sheets handy, I'd say 2nd battalion 11th marines 1st Marine division.

The 2/11 indicating- battalion/marines and the horizontal diamond for the 1st Marine division. Not sure about the 9 in the diamond. The numbers within the shape normally would indicate battalion/marines but 2/11 is part of the 1st Mar. Div. So it kinda makes sense. then again Id'ing UNIS is not an exact science. I'm sure others will add or correct me if mistaken.

Thanks so much guys. I guessed 1st marine division from the diamond, but that 9 in the center was throwing me off. I found out that 9th marines pwere not part of 1st division. This forum is the best. Any thoughts on the 3-HO-19 written above the diamond?

Thanks so much guys. I guessed 1st marine division from the diamond, but that 9 in the center was throwing me off. I found out that 9th marines pwere not part of 1st division. This forum is the best. Any thoughts on the 3-HO-19 written above the diamond?

Probably his first unit. Hq, 3rd Bn, 19th Marines.......an Engineer/Pioneer Regt. Check Wikipedia......Semper Fi......Bobgee

• 2 months later...