Unknown 931st patch, maybe Engineer Construction Group?

Siamundo

Hello, I was hoping someone might be able to help me with a positive ID for this patch. It appears to be from the 931st something. I have only been able to find references for three WW II US Army units with a 931 number-the 931st Signal Battalion (which I could find information about), the 931st Field Artillery(which remained stateside), and the 931st Engineer Regiment which served in the Pacific and in 1944 became the 931st Engineer Construction Group (Aviation). The patch is very well made with a silk type backing and might possibly be made in Japan. The 931st Engineers were stationed in Japan following WW II and later served in the Korean War so I am leaning towards this ID (assuming the patch is even military that is). Can anyone provide any additional insight or identification? Thank you.

post-2744-1330750837.jpg

post-2744-1330751044.jpg

• 3 months later...
Military Engineer

Here is a photo of a DI in the collection of the Army Engineer Museum at Fort Leonard Wood.

post-6190-1338778884.jpg

• 1 year later...

For those of you that might be members of ASMIC, I was very happy to see another example of this patch appear on the cover of the new issue that I received a couple of days ago. The author wrote a nice article and pretty much confirmed this was worn by the 931 Engineer Aviation Regiment (and later Group) between late 1945 and early 1946.

firefighter

Haven't had a chance to read my Trading Post test.Looks like an interesting article.I have never seen this patch before and now to see two, wow.The design was also painted on their vehicles.