Full Scale Exact Size Replica Stuart M3A1 Tank

BOLO

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Full-Scale-Exact-S...=item5648d96e23

This is an exact copy of the real thing!

The Stuart M3A1 is an American Tank, used in World War II. You can now own an exact copy from one of the originals! Made from fiberglass and a steel undercarriage.

Approximate Sizes and Weight

Overall Length - 14.90 Feet

Width - 7.35 Feet

Height - 7.55 Feet

Weight - 1 Ton

firing demo :lol:

post-1885-1330670399.jpg

Hilarious to see a tank sitting on a light utility trailer! I think that I would rather have the real thing, or at least a tank that can drive over things!

DesertRatTom
>>

That's a job well done! Between the cops, highway patrol and local anti-2A zealots, I imagine you've all had a blast with it (dirty job, but someone had to do it. LOL).

Tom

I noticed that at no pointis it mentioned that this tank can move under it's own power. Looks like a $40,000 lawn ornament.

Oh I remember seeing an article in the news about this!

It was some high school class that built it out of fiberglass as a project

It looks like the same one at least

It'd be a fun thing to have around!

That has been listed many times on eBay. It looks great from the photos. But for 60 grand, you could be well into a REAL tracked vehicle for that much. This is just a full scale shell. The only thing I’d think this would be good for would be a movie company or a stage play for background work. It wouldn’t be something people could climb on and I assume it doesn’t move under its own power or is capable of being converted to do so.

That has been listed many times on eBay. It looks great from the photos. But for 60 grand, you could be well into a REAL tracked vehicle for that much. This is just a full scale shell. The only thing I’d think this would be good for would be a movie company or a stage play for background work. It wouldn’t be something people could climb on and I assume it doesn’t move under its own power or is capable of being converted to do so.

What's with all them negative waves? It's a mother beautiful tank.

DesertRatTom

Well said, and that was the point of my original post. I would rhetorically ask all the folks that posted negative comments "Why?" The builder had a vision, and did an excellent job of recreating the item; using the logic of the the nay-Sayers, only original functioning items should be used by re-enactors. My goal with this post is not to be harsh or overly critical, but to hopefully make the posters re-evaluate the motivation behind their responses. Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but a bit of discretion never hurts.

Tom

It’s a piece it junk. THE FUEL SYSTEM LEAKS ALL OVER THE PLACE, IT’S A PIECE OF JUNK!

:lol:

Seriously, they did a great job from the photos, but I can't see someone spending that much money on a 1:1 scale model when the same amount could go well into a real tracked vehicle. That's why it hasn't been sold in spite of being listed at least 4 times that I've seen...

Oh hey man, I just ride em. I don't know what makes em work ;)

But to be serious a moment- if that replica moves under it's own power, it has lots of advantages, such as a 10 ton vehicle not sinking into your front lawn- or allowing the owner to not have to pay for a reinforced slab in his garage- or not getting stuck in a muddy field during an reenactment. And also if it moves under it's own power, it probably gets better gas mileage than a real one

I wasn't knocking the wonderful job they did with this reproduction. It looks great. But I'm knocking the 40 to 60 K price for something that can't move under it's own power.

DesertRatTom
I wasn't knocking the wonderful job they did with this reproduction. It looks great. But I'm knocking the 40 to 60 K price for something that can't move under it's own power.

That's what I figured, but the direction of most of the comments was such that someone had say "Whoa there!" The price is... well the price, there is someone that will buy it, then resell it again as is the nature of our hobby. The entertainment value of this repro in certain states just has to be a thing that should make one pause and appreciate all the more.

Tom

In the ebay photos, there is a picture of two men standing in front of it. It might be just me, however, the replica does not look to scale compared to the two guys.