Branson, MO Veterans Memorial Museum

Bluehawk

The twister that went through earlier this week caused some damage, but only to the sculpture and aircraft on display at the front end of the campus. They had moved a few of the figures from the huge Veterans Memorial Sculpture that was indoors to the front, and it looks like one of the figures got knocked over. It could have been a lot worse. Nice museum there, I've been to it and enjoyed it quite a bit. Great selection of uniforms and gear, pretty good gift shop too.

Photos are of the complete sculpture as it was indoors, and then of the aftermath damage.

post-3976-1330622325.jpg

post-3976-1330622337.jpg

Some reports are saying that the museum "suffered major damage" and others are saying the museum "is in shambles" - but I cannot get any better information than that.

If their roof came off, then for sure there will have been something serious happen in there. But, I cannot see any of that evidence from photos yet.

• 2 months later...
carbinephalen

I went to this museum about two weeks ago. Still running great! Only the Faux P-51 was the only thing not repaired! :thumbsup:

I went to this museum about two weeks ago. Still running great! Only the Faux P-51 was the only thing not repaired! :thumbsup:

That's very good news...

• 1 month later...
WW2collector97

Hello, I plan on going there this weekend and I will throw in my opinion if I do go. But, would anyone

Happen to know any good places for militaria in Branson? Just wondering, thanks.

-Timothy

Hello, I plan on going there this weekend and I will throw in my opinion if I do go. But, would anyone

Happen to know any good places for militaria in Branson? Just wondering, thanks.

-Timothy

Yes, it's all about 100 miles east of Branson. Just go exactly 100 miles and you will find it;) I will be down there for the next week as well.

Is that the old Roy Rogers museum building?

That was closed in town maybe last year, wasn't it?

I'm glad I got to visit it too before that.

That was closed in town maybe last year, wasn't it?

I'm glad I got to visit it too before that.

I just checked and it is not the same building - but I did visit the RR museum in Branson when I lived in KC: it as cool place - too bad RR's son Dusty blew it.

hawkdriver

Just drove by the museum today, the P-51 is completely gone and no sign it was ever there. Kind of sucks, makes it harder to find the museum, but the running men are still there. The rest of the museum looked good and plan on visiting later in the week. There were several smaller hotels that were pretty well destroyed in the area and are all being demolished now.