M20 EGA's for Enlisted Dress Blues

usmcaviator

jeremiahcable

I have a uniform with a '23 QM date on with some of these as well. Only problem is we don't know how long those blouses sat in storage or if they were reissued later. It would be nice if someone ever found the MC approval order or number on these emblems or even better the Meyer paperwork on them.

teufelhunde.ret
I have a uniform with a '23 QM date on with some of these as well. Only problem is we don't know how long those blouses sat in storage or if they were reissued later. It would be nice if someone ever found the MC approval order or number on these emblems or even better the Meyer paperwork on them.

Was going to ask Tim if he took pic's or knew more about the background of the blouse or perhaps took a peak at the backs of those. Here is another variation of those, in screwback as well.

post_376_1176232196.jpg

post_376_1176232219.jpg

I did take a peak, they had the Meyers shield. The uniform also had a WWI Victory ribbon, an expert badge, and an M20 bird on the cover...guy wanted 1250, a bit steep, but I was excited to solve a mystery. stand by, I found 3 new enlisted M37 varients, as well

• 2 months later...

I just got this pair of EGAs in the mail yesterday. The seller identified them as WW-II but the way they're made doesn't look like the WW-II era EGAs I've seen; admittedly, I haven't seen enough to be an expert.

So....that's what I'm seeking here, some expert opinion on the vintage.

I left the images rather large to afford the best assessment possible so, only one would fit this post. Here's the first picture, the front. I'll follow up with a backside shot and a close-up on one of the backs.

post-1107-1218376708.jpg

teufelhunde.ret

Bill, very good find and worthy of use on any blouse of the 20's. Most all agree these had their origins in the 20's and the design & production was seemingly endless as there are some examples that we agree on that were likely made post WW2 (the clutchback examples) Yours shows the hallmarks dating to the twenties, correct period rollers and screw-post with round base that transitions to a square post leading to the threads. Showing three examples from my collection with a variety of hallmarks:

s/f Darrell

meyers_ega_001.jpg

meyers_ega_004.jpg

meyers_ega_006.jpg

Yes. These came from eBay. I had it in my mind that, even though the seller said they were WW-II, they looked earlier to me. I'd put a rather high bid into the automated bidding server that I use on that hunch. They didn't come particularly cheap; the fact that some others knew something (of course you can't tell who the other bidders are anymore so it's still a gamble) and were willing to bid up sort of reinforced my belief that they were earlier than WW-II.

Thanks for the kind words, comments, and info on the era of these EGAs. I've been "holding my breath" a bit awaiting comment from the EGA experts and my mind is eased now. It also permits me to go ahead with my plan to use them on an unnamed 1920s blouse that has been screaming for a pair of EGAs for some time.