Lynn "Buck" Compton

Fixbayonets!

There are reports begining to circulate (Wikipedia & Trigger Time forum) that Lynn "Buck" Compton of Band of Brothers fame has sadly passed away.

Rob

Having the chance to get to know Buck and his family over the past several years, this is a sad day for us.

Buck, you will truly be missed.

A mutual friend confirmed that Buck Compton had a heart attack Sunday and passed away shortly thereafter.

Buck lived about 30 minutes from me, and until recently he was usually seen at a local restaurant for a morning coffee bull session. He was a great guy to sit down with and share a cup of coffee. Most chats were daily goings on and politics - The conversation rarely entered in to his wartime exploits. But if my wife, who is Dutch, was present, he would reminisce about the Netherlands, a country he thought highly of. Very out-spoken politically, but he welcomed any opinion although you were not going to change his mind. (Happily, we tended to agree)

When we first met, I told him that I was in C-130's and used to drop paratroopers all the time. "And you know what we called you guys?" said I. He figured it had to be insulting so he said "What?" in a demanding voice. "Meat Bombs" was the reply, and Buck laughed himself hoarse.

RIP Buck, we all miss you.

A mutual friend confirmed that Buck Compton had a heart attack Sunday and passed away shortly thereafter.

Buck lived about 30 minutes from me, and until recently he was usually seen at a local restaurant for a morning coffee bull session. He was a great guy to sit down with and share a cup of coffee. Most chats were daily goings on and politics - The conversation rarely entered in to his wartime exploits. But if my wife, who is Dutch, was present, he would reminisce about the Netherlands, a country he thought highly of. Very out-spoken politically, but he welcomed any opinion although you were not going to change his mind. (Happily, we tended to agree)

When we first met, I told him that I was in C-130's and used to drop paratroopers all the time. "And you know what we called you guys?" said I. He figured it had to be insulting so he said "What?" in a demanding voice. "Meat Bombs" was the reply, and Buck laughed himself hoarse.

RIP Buck, we all miss you.

What were his politcal views? I seems that for years he was on the radio?

Alas, "The Greatest Generation" are beginning to leave us in ever increasing numbers.

R.I.P. :salute:

Ian,They do not use this term in Great Britian, am I correct?

RIP

"From this day to the ending of the world,

But we in it shall be remembered;

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;

For he to-day that sheds his blood with me

Shall be my brother"