Womens Defense Corps -- some help needed

FtrPlt

My wife has had this uniform in her collection for about 15-20 years. In that time, we've never really been able to learn much about this organization. The sleeve patch is clearly in the Civil Defense family of badging.

It's a blue herringbone fabric. Very well made. We have the complete uniform -- shirt, trousers, and sidecap.

We very occassionally see one of the cap badges for sale but have never seen another uniform.

CD1A.jpg

CD1B.jpg

CD1C.jpg

CD1D.jpg

US Victory Museum

I've never seen a photo of either a MWDC or WDCA uniform having trousers, only

skirts; therefore, it would be best if you could post a photograph instead of a verbal

description.

Does the uniform of which you speak look similar to the following two photos?

post-1529-1330271768.jpg

I've never seen a photo of either a MWDC or WDCA uniform having trousers, only

skirts; therefore, it would be best if you could post a photograph instead of a verbal

description.

Does the uniform of which you speak look similar to the following two photos?

There are 4 photos attached to my original post. I'm presuming you can't see them? The uniform I have is a blue HBT fabric is not anything like a dress uniform.

• 5 months later...
There are 4 photos attached to my original post. I'm presuming you can't see them? The uniform I have is a blue HBT fabric is not anything like a dress uniform.

The DI on the HBT hat is the one used by the Mass. Women's Defense Corps (MWDC as mentioned in a previous post). The "ARP" stands for Air Raid Protection. I have several MWDC uniforms, but none of them are blue, nor HBT. That is a strange one to be sure.

Patch Johnson