Vietnam Camo

jayhawkhenry

I was at the V.A. hospital yesterday and found this magazine they put out. I thought those of you who collect camo would like to see the back cover. PM me if you want a larger copy.

Cheers,

Henry

post-2722-1330178157.jpg

National Field Police camo, I´d say.

But pic looks recolored somehow, the original camo has no green. Or backside of the Mitchell camo but again pictures seems to be recolored.

To me that photo looks that those black and white ones that have been COLORED, we all have seen these types, this technique was still being used in the 60s, and for that matter today, but in the 60s it was much whats the right word, CRUDER ? I,ve seen dozens of military Basic/Boot Training portraits formal and informal from the 50s in to Vietnam era that have had this done.

Are these the same patterns? The U.S. soldiers are from the 82nd Airborne and I believe the location is the Hoc Mon Bridge northwest of Saigon in 1969.

post-1761-1330198751.jpg

Most any bridge on a hardball road would have a permanent "garrison" or guard detail, with personnel from the Regional Forces and/or Popular Forces and some police. The police were often, but not always, of the NPFF variety (armed as lt inf).